• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman Artwork which issue is this reprint from????

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone recognize this Spiderman artwork??

im trying to figure if it reprints an original....

20140408_184742_zps903b0017.jpg

This panel is the splash page from ASM #96.

Thanks Mr Sigs!!! Someone also told me a few of the other panels are from ASM98...

I am discovering that in Mexico they were taking panels from several issues and covers to build stories. With factual evidence I wonder how CGC would notate this "frankensteined" edited publication

Thanks again :)

There is no way i could have figured this out so fast without both your help :hi:

I need to check ASM95-105 for more panel references

Im sure that DC and Marvel did not (nor did they care) that their artwork proofs were integrated into a frankensteined publication

There is no way i could have figured this out so fast without both your help :hi:

Im sure that DC and Marvel did not [know] (nor did they care), that their artwork proofs were integrated into a frankensteined publication

I'm sure they got their share from sales :)

Im sure that DC and Marvel did not [know] (nor did they care), that their artwork proofs were integrated into a frankensteined publication

I'm sure they got their share from sales :)

you are correctumundo!!!!

DC/Marvel got paid on licensing. Neal Adams did not even know about this lol

I posted before but i still get a laugh lol

This is Neal pointing and laughing at the edited artwork where they added Robin in place of the running girl. He said he wished he had knew this back then so he could have sued them....

2012-11-03_15-24-31_12_zps5bedea34.jpg

It looks like some of the Kane panels are from Spidey 103. I know I've seen the other ones somewhere too.

Kinda weird that they'd go to this much trouble to carefully pick, cut, and paste these scenes into any type of cohesive story. It'd be easier to simply just draw from scratch.

146478.jpg.9b006ac37da8dd3c21fcd61443938c62.jpg

146480.jpg.0cec6ca10f7e0b8ed5d0efd2176ee4de.jpg

I am discovering that in Mexico they were taking panels from several issues and covers to build stories.

That's exactly what they did, along with cutting out Spidey figures from ASM panels and pasting them into Mexican-drawn backgrounds.