• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSA Strange Adventures

47 posts in this topic

Methinks your persistance is beginning to pay off. Keep it up! Time will prove you to be right.

I do hope so.

In areas outside of comic collecting, similar things have occurred and I have usually been proven right in the end.

I do feel a deep frustration at the lack of appreciation for something so good - and yes indeed in the past similar things in other fields have made me enemies too.

But I find it hard to zip my lip when so many people are praising something that deeply disturbs me, and ignoring or criticising something that I believe to be impeccably good - and WORSE, if I can't do my own little bit to do something about it, we're unlikely to see much more of the like. If everyone is apathetic about something they love, then talent and quality falls by the wayside.

My unswerving philosophy in life has always been, and will always be, if you see something worth championing, then get behind it, no matter what others may say.

Well they might as well have - they certainly haven't remotely advertised it or promoted it.

And THAT good sir, is why it will be a big-time sleeper down the road. I'm going to have 5 full 9.8 sets put away for the future. thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

And THAT good sir, is why it will be a big-time sleeper down the road. I'm going to have 5 full 9.8 sets put away for the future.

But how come, when I previously suggested that might be the case, I got ridiculed, laughed at, and shot down in flames ????

Because you can't recognize sarcasm? confused-smiley-013.gif

Honestly, I don't think JSA Strange Adventures is going to be much more than bargain bin fodder down the road. Unless there's the first appearance of some clawed mutant or something like that that we don't know about.

But it is a good read. Can we ask for anything more than that?

One neat thing about it is the Al Williamson character. I'm not sure if everyone here knows, but he's a real person, a real SF writer, who really lives in New Mexico. He's in his early 90s and still writng.

Ian hasn't BEEN here, thus you were not able to [#@$%!!!] on his posts. If anything, YOUR statement was the lazy exercise in semantics as you were trying to be purposefully deceptive by insinuating that you had somehow "refrained" from trolling him recently despite the fact that he hasn't even BEEN here to troll.

hi.gif OK, because I didn't go into this in depth before I am lazy but when Ian brought up his JSA ideas before, I did NOT chime in once acclaim.gif Thus evidence of restraint. acclaim.gif

Actually, your idea of "irony" is a bit skewed here. I would say that if I were looking for advice on matter such as this (dealing with a troll), I would certainly seek out the advice of an expert (a "Trollmaster General"). Now, Ian didn't seek out my advice, but I do so love to give it...

Sez you... tongue.gif

Well, it does for YOU and for "other parties" who fervently hate Ian for vague and typically juvenile, if not ridiculous, reasons... but for the members of the thinking public, it just seems a bit childish to dislike something simply because someone else likes it.

Holds water nonetheless acclaim.gif Here's the skinny. JSA adventures is a good read. I agree but Ian would have us thinking it should eclipse IC in sales and attention in discussion. IE there is no long arse thread on JSA aventures 1 like there is on IC6 with intelligent responses and general interest from almost ALL board members even the ones who don't frequent the Modern forums. So once again Ian's making a desperate play for attention (I'm bored thread... anyone?). My take as well as others on here (not just the rabid Ian haters either) is that JSA Adventures was worht the mention the first time but it is not a controversial conversation piece like IC. In a Marvel context, JSA adv 1 is the equivalent of when Marvel puts out these mini story arcs for individual X-men (Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, sleeping.gifsleeping.gif) when Marvel is shaking up the story in their current big character titles, like Wolverine 20 where he goes berserk as an AIM tool and takes on SHIELD, FURY and ELEKTRA...or in the Xmen title where they are introducing X-23.... we're all talking about X-23 (IC) but we just overlook the individual Xmen lesser in importance storyarcs...