• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYComics 2014 AMAZING SS Opportunity- Stan Lee, John Romita Sr., Dallas, ASM 1!

55 posts in this topic

We are offering a pre-sale of The J Scott Campbell Amazing Spiderman 1 Variant

**Please note an additional $50 fee is charged when this issue is submitted for CGC Signature Series**

$190 CGC 9.8 Fast Track Signature Series by Stan Lee

$25 Add J Scott Campbell

$10 Add Dan Slott

Little confused by this. You have the price as $190 but right above it you say that there is an additional $50 fee charged when issued to CGC.

Assuming that this $50 is included in the price and you are just stating why the price is higher than normal???

You are correct on your assumption

But all preorders and presales are closed

Thanks!

Hi-

We are still accepting submissions-

If you want to mail us your ASM 1's or anything else we can get them signed by Stan and Mr. Romita Sr no problem.

We are also accepting submissions for Dallas Comic Con.

The reason we stopped our presale is because of the production defects of this book, just too unpredictable.

Hi All!

NYComics is VERY EXCITED to come to Dallas!

We will be working out of booth 1834 (Near Artist Alley and right by the Celebrity Autographs Area where Stan will be signing)

STAN LEE will be signing in the Celebrity Autograph Area (To The Left of the Main Hall) First Row closest to the main Hall.

HOW DO I GET STAN LEE TO SIGN MY BOOKS FOR CGC SS?

Get in Line as fast as possible when you get to the show. He will be signing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. When you are in line you will be asked how many items you want signed and then you will be given the chance to purchase autograph tickets there.

NYComics is the Official Authorized Stan Lee Signature Series Facilitator for this show. We will have a witness next to Stan the whole time and a booth nearby so it will be very easy for you to submit for Signature Series.

You will also have the option to add John Romita Sr. to your books in a private signing we are having immediately after the convention back in New York. This is a rare chance to have both autographs and only grade your book once!

Also FYI we had to cap the line in Chicago so it is really advisable to show up early and get in line.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new boardies who I have not met before. Please introduce yourself!!!!!!

All the best,

Sean

Hi Everyone!

So Let me just start off by saying that Dallas was awesome!! Stan Lee was signing Friday, Saturday AND Sunday! How much more lucky can a city get! oh yeah this was also the first big con after ASM 1 came out with some great con exclusives!

We showed up really early Thursday and worked with Stan's team and the convention promoter Ben Stevens to get an excellent setup going for Stan.

photo21_zpsabe752bd.jpg

We were VERY grateful for where our booth was. We were right next to Stan, close to Artist Alley and awesome guests like Len Wein, Bernie Wrightson, Greg Horn and J Scott Campbell amongst others.

This was also EXTREMELY helpful for all of those folks who wanted to submit for Stan Lee Signature Series. So THANK YOU again to Dallas Comic Con for the excellent setup!

photo1_zpsd0f059ef.jpg

Most of the time we were crazy crazy busy with a line at our booth. We worked our butts off to make sure everything went perfect. A number of folks at the show chose to Add Mr. Romita onto their books as well. (WE will be seeing him Thursday this week everyone!)

I also have to say that we appreciate working with Mike Balent and the CGC team so much. We had a team of 4 CGC Signature Series witnesses- Ian, Yaw, Brent, and Dave THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. So professional and excellent!

It was great to see some of our old and new buddies- Tony and Max, HOTFLIPS, BeachBum, Kevlar and Kaholo (sorry if I spelled it wrong!)

Here is a view from Stan's stage on Sunday (one of the smaller days) every time else I was way too busy to even think about taking a photo.

The bbq was great, the hospitality and people were top notch! Also got to hang with Stan and Alice Cooper.......Lets just say we would do it again!

photo1_zpsf5c5be81.jpg

So where's a picture of Stan Lee signing my specific book? Didn't you take a picture of every book that he signed? :roflmao: Great work guys! Can't wait to see the results back in hand :cloud9: Tell Mr Romita hi!

Sorry that I missed you. I can't believe it was right down the street from where I work and I wasn't able to make it. I heard that attendance was about twice what it was last year. Sounds like the move to the Dallas Convention Center from Irving really paid off.

Thanks for the kind words all!

Yeah no time for a good Stan picture because the line at my booth was almost as long as Stan's at times!

G- I know bro. We have been chatting all these years and you couldn't even come down the street and say hi!

Signing Update-

I am at my dayjob right now but later on today we are doing an AMAZING signing with Mr. John Romita Sr.!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to get some pics!

Cannot wait! I love hangin with Mr. Romita!

CGC Update-

ALL BOOKS signed and finished at Dallas comic con have arrived safely at CGC headquarters. HUGE THANKS to the SUPER FABULOUS Mike Balent who is getting crackin on getting all of these books into the system. We hope they are all in the system by the end of today!

Everything else with Mr. Romita's autograph will get into the CGC System early next week!

Then on to the next Opp~!!!!!!

Ok here is another update for Everyone------

All the rest of the books arrived at CGC safe and sound! (11 big boxes!)

Mike Balent------ I love you Man! Good Luck getting those books in.

Seriously, I would just like to say that the SS Program is lucky to have such a hard working guy. I am genuinely lucky and honored to get to work with Mike, Bree, Harshen, Paul, Gemma, Jose and all of the other CGC crew who works so hard on our comic books all day.

AS for the pre-sales............

I am waiting for grades. As soon as I get the books back I will ship them out and I hope to fullfill all presales as best I can.

The only book I might fall short on is the Skottie Young Color Variant from C2E2. I will have sketch variants that I will offer to replace with. :) And I know we scored a ton of 9.8's after pressing! For raw copies I will offer refunds or ASM 1 variants to replace.

ALSO there will be one other fantastic surprise for those who pre-orderd the ASM 1 Ramos Variant with us------With a big thank you to Max, Tony and Stan for making this possible....

You will see :)

Hey Everyone!

We got the last of our books back from Dallas/Romita yesterday!

We are putting together the last of our presales that have Romita variants involved.

I have tried to fill every order and contact everyone. If I missed anything bump your pm and email and I can take care of it right away.

We also listed a bunch of ASM 1 CGC SS Books on Ebay starting at .99 cents.

We did not do a bunch so go ahead and get your bids in. If the final bids work for you after the auctions let us know and we have multiple copies and want to make sales.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nycomix/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

All the best!

Sean and Chris