• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Copper/Modern lots, Epic 1 & 3, NAM HC, TPs, X-Men, etc - 40% OFF!!

36 posts in this topic

A little bit of all things Copper in this sale -- some mags, a few trades, a French-language Marvel hardcover from the '80s, and some small and large reader's lots, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

USPS INSURED DOMESTIC US SHIPPING:

1-4 books, value = $1 - $50: $6.00 via securely-packed & fully-insured USPS Priority Mail (padded flat rate envelope) w/Delivery Confirmation.

1-4 books, value = $50 or more: $9.00 via securely-packed & fully-insured USPS Priority Mail (padded flat rate envelope) w/Delivery Confirmation.

5 or more books, value = $1 - $50: $12.00 via securely-packed & fully-insured USPS Priority Mail (medium flat rate box) w/Delivery Confirmation.

5 or more books, value = $50 or more: $14.00 via securely-packed & fully-insured USPS Priority Mail (medium flat rate box) w/Delivery Confirmation.

USPS SHIPPING TO CANADA:

• 1-4 books, valued = $1 - $50 USD: $20.55 via PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL FLAT RATE ENVELOPE. Please note that this service may take up to 10 days to arrive, and is NOT insurable. I pack my shipments VERY securely, but the buyer must agree to accept all risk for damage or loss in transit with this option.

5 or more books, valued = $1 - $50 USD: $42.25 via PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL MEDIUM FLAT RATE BOX. Insurance is available with this service for an additional charge (starting at $2.45).

ANY purchase valued over $50 (US) will be shipped via PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL. Flat rate envelopes are $35.95, and flat rate boxes are $66.95 (prices for both include up to $200 of insurance coverage). Not cheap…but quick (approx. 3-5 days), insurable, and reliably trackable on both sides of the border.

Please note that I will not falsify customs forms, and will always declare the FULL VALUE of any international shipment.

TERMS:

:takeit: rules!

• NO probies, HOS'ers, etc.

• PayPal is the ONLY form of payment I'll accept for this sale.

:news: Payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date!

If you require more time, please PM me FIRST before committing to buy, and I'm sure we can work something out. However, if payment is not received within the specified time period, and no other arrangements have been made, I reserve the right to cancel the sale and re-list the item.

• I usually ship within 1-to-3 days of receipt of payment; sometimes the same day, if I'm working from home! And you will ALWAYS receive a shipping notification & tracking number from me via e-mail or PM.

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me):

My feedback thread!

As a former US Postal Service employee, I tend to get very high marks for my packaging and shipping, mostly because I know what NOT to do...! :grin:

Thanks for looking! -Mike

Captain Britain Trade Paperback: Reprints the UK Cap Brit stories from Mighty World of Marvel #14-16 and Captain Britain (1985) #1-14. Fantastic artwork from Alan Davis!

Marvel, 1988, 1st print. Fine.

$5

Cap-BritTPB.jpg

The 'NAM oversized French Hardcover: Never seen this one before -- a large (9" x 12.75", 48pp.) full-color hardcover volume, published in France by DELCOURT in 1988, featuring several stories from Doug Murray and Michael Golden's award-winning Vietnam war comic (text is all in French; original English version was published in the US by Marvel Comics).

Very nice presentation, and Golden's artwork is really stunning in this larger format.

VF/NM w/minor storage wear.

$20

NOTE: To ship this via flat rate Priority in the US, it will need to be boxed (due to its size). However, other cheaper US options are available (including Media Mail) -- please contact me via PM for a quote.

Nam1.jpg

Nam3.jpg

Nam4.jpg

Nam2.jpg

Large Dreadstar (Epic) Lot: A whole lotta Starlin!!! Includes the following:

1, 2 (3 copies), 3 (3 copies), 4 (4 copies), 5 (5 copies), 6 (4 copies), 7 (4 copies), 8 (2 copies), 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16 (2 copies), 17, 18 (2 copies), 19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26; Dreadstar and Company #1.

Old store stock -- #1 is VF, the rest are all VF/NM to NM or better, and appear to be un-sold copies which were bagged as back-stock and never circulated or read.

NOTE: Only 1 - 10 are scanned (click on the thumbnail images below for larger scans); please see below for a group shot of the rest.

44 comics total.

$75 for the lot.

th_dreadstar01.jpg th_dreadstar02.jpg th_dreadstar03.jpg th_dreadstar04.jpg th_dreadstar05.jpg th_dreadstar06.jpg th_dreadstar07.jpg th_dreadstar08.jpg th_dreadstar09.jpg th_dreadstar10.jpg

dreadstar11.jpg

McFarlane Spider-Man lot: 1 - 14 complete.

I was much too old to get into these when they first came out, but looking at them now, it's pretty darn easy to see why the middle-school/early-home-video-game crowd went ape-mess for them -- the comics are big, bold, brash, vulgar, & violent. They may not always make sense, but they're exuberant as hell.

You call that a revolution? Well…yeah, sort of. I mean, what more can we say 20+ years after the fact?

Here's what: it worked…! :)

Lot is a mix of newsstand and DM copies (#1 is a newsstand/UPC copy). All are un-sold distributor stock. Average grade is NM-. Some are much nicer.

$18 for the lot.

McSpidey01.jpg

click on the thumbnail images below for larger scans…

th_McSpidey02.jpg th_McSpidey03.jpg th_McSpidey04.jpg th_McSpidey05.jpg th_McSpidey06.jpg th_McSpidey07.jpg th_McSpidey08.jpg th_McSpidey09.jpg th_McSpidey10.jpg th_McSpidey11.jpg th_McSpidey12.jpg th_McSpidey13.jpg th_McSpidey14.jpg

Walt Simonson Thor Lot:

Includes the following -- multiple copies of the same issue are noted as (x2, x3, etc.):

339, 340, 341 (x2), 342, 343, 344, 345, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352 (x2), 353 (x2), 354, 355, 357, 358, 360 (x2), 363, 364, 367, 369.

Lot is a mix of newsstand and DM copies. Average grade is Fine/Fine-, with a few G/VGs mixed in.

27 comics total.

$12 for the lot.

simonson-thor-lot.jpg

Excalibur - The Sword is Drawn Lot: Includes two copies of the first Excalibur comic (square-bound, 1988) by Chris Claremont and Alan Davis.

Given the modern cinema's interest in so many things British (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit, etc., etc.), can a Marvel movie "universe" version of this stuff be all that far behind? hm

Both are first prints: one without a cover price (scarcer first printing, "#1A", VF+) and one with a $3.25 cover price ("#1B", VG/Fine, slightly wrinkled).

$12 for both.

Excal1a.jpg

Excal1b.jpg

:news:NOTE: Domestic US shipping is included in the price of this lot!

Large John Byrne Fantastic Four Lot: The 2nd Golden Age for this title (after Kirby & Lee, natch!), courtesy of writer-artist John Byrne! Some of THE best superhero comics ever produced during the '80s, or any era, for that matter!!!

Includes the following -- multiple copies of the same issue are noted as (x2, x3, etc.):

232 (first Byrne issue for his long CA run), 233, 234, 235 (x3), 237, 240 (x2), 241, 242, 243, 244 (x2), 245 (x2), 246, 247, 248, 249, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 (x2), 258, 259 (x2), 262, 263, 266 (x2), 268, 269, 272, 273, 274 (x2), 276, 277, 278, 280, 281 (x3), 282 (x3), 284, 285 (x2), 286, 291, 292, 294 (Jerry Ordway art), 296 (Barry Smith art).

Lot is a mix of newsstand and DM copies. Average grade is VF-. Some are much nicer.

58 comics total.

$35 shipped in the US (sorry - no shipping to Canada for this lot). SOLD!!!

byrne-FF-lot.jpg

Walt Simonson Fantastic Four Lot:

334 (x3, Simonson scripts begin), 335, 336 (x3), 337 (Simonson story & art begins), 338, 339, 340 (x3), 341, 342, 343, 344, 345.

Lot is a mix of newsstand and DM copies. Average grade is VF-.

18 comics total.

$9 for the lot.

simonson-FF-lot.jpg

Epic Illustrated #1 & #3:

Among many other cool features, these somewhat under-appreciated early '80s mags (Marvel's answer to Heavy Metal) contain Jim Starlin's "Metamorphosis Odyssey" -- the prelude to his '80s Dreadstar epic: it begins in #1, and Dreadstar himself makes his first appearance two issues later in #3.

I've always been a huge Starlin fan, and remember buying these mags when they first came out. Glad to see that the series may finally be getting the big-screen "space opera" treatment it very much deserves!

These copies are from a stash of old distributor stock and appear to be un-read/un-circulated: #1 is VF/NM; #3 is NM-. Some light storage wear is about the worst of it.

$100 for the pair. SOLD!!!

Epic1-a.jpg

Epic1-b.jpg

Epic3-a.jpg

Epic3-b.jpg

Among many other cool features, these somewhat under-appreciated early '80s mags (Marvel's answer to Heavy Metal) contain Jim Starlin's "Metamorphosis Odyssey" -- the prelude to his '80s Dreadstar epic: it begins in #1, and Dreadstar himself makes his first appearance two issues later in #3.

I've always been a huge Starlin fan, and remember buying these mags when they first came out. Glad to see that the series may finally be getting the big-screen "space opera" treatment it very much deserves!

These copies are from a stash of old distributor stock and appear to be un-read/un-circulated: #1 is VF/NM; #3 is NM-. Some light storage wear is about the worst of it.

$100 for the pair.

Epic1-a.jpg

Epic1-b.jpg

Epic3-a.jpg

Epic3-b.jpg

:takeit:

$100 for the pair.

:takeit:

(thumbs u Thanks, they're all yours!

X-Men & related Annuals Lot: Includes Uncanny X-Men Annual #7 (F/VF, Michael Golden art) and #11 (Fine, Alan Davis art), plus New Mutants Annual #3 (VG/Fine, awesome art by Davis again).

$5 for the lot.

X-MenAnn7.jpg

X-MenAnn11.jpg

NewMutantsAnn3.jpg