• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL TEAM-UP

46 posts in this topic

I thought Blastaar's first app was in the FF? I remember reading about him in MGC (this was one of my first comics) and he was pretty mean back then.

MGC 46 :cloud9:

Pretty sure that was my 1st FF comic. I still have my copy somewhere.

Blastaar was pretty badass in his first appearance in FF. Then, as is the case with most villains, he seems less of a threat with each new appearance.

Marvel Team-up 23 was another favorite of mine, as veered away from the traditional Spider-man team-up in favor of a now-classic Human Torch - Iceman tilt.

It's also the first appearance of Equinox (a villain Claremont and Byrne brought back to MTU 59-60), and it is important for another reason - it has the old X-Men (in their final appearance?) telling Iceman to meet them for their "Secret Mission" (to Krakatoa) that provides the impetus for the New X-Men run in GS #1.

A fun little story with a lot of Marvel Mythos tossed in. How could a kid see this cover on the spinner rack and *not* pick it up.

Nice pick up on the X-Men secret mission.

Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if GS Spider-Man is Equinox's true first appearance. hm

I found a copy of this for about 4 bucks at the latest Philly con, and bought it after reading this thread. Not to speculate on, but I'd like to complete the MTU set someday so it was a 'defensive' purchase. Since everything is becoming a key on the simplest pretext nowadays, why not a book with a lead-in to Giant-Size X-Men 1? Now I'm covered.

I posted this in this week in your bronze collection when I bought it about 2 years ago. Thought I'd post it here. I remember seeing copies of this in the early 80's. Some outrageous shop had a VF copy for sale for $25. I'm glad I waited for this one 30+ years later. Like many bronze age marvels, exact centered copies are hard to come by.

MTU1Mine_zpscd835666.jpg