• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL TEAM-UP

46 posts in this topic

MTU was a very hit or miss title for me. I really loved the John Byrne run.

Other stand outs for me were MTU12 with the werewolf, probably because the cover is so cool, anything with DD, and the Thing in issue 47 (which crossed over in MTIO).

This is a good read. I'm actually surprised they haven't done anything with White Rabbit. Sexy woman, great name, and she seemed smart, her goons weren't though.

MarvelTeam-Up131_zps6f743882.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]DC have an improved version

that I feel will last longer...

[/font]

whiterabbit444banner9_zpsee7f09c2.jpg

This is a good read. I'm actually surprised they haven't done anything with White Rabbit. Sexy woman, great name, and she seemed smart, her goons weren't though.

MarvelTeam-Up131_zps6f743882.jpg

[/font]

whiterabbit444banner9_zpsee7f09c2.jpg

Let me guess, the back story for this character includes some misdeed by Hugh Hefner (who is loosely disguised in the comic with a name like Huge Heckler) at the Playboy mansion. :grin:

[/font]

So DC and Marvel each have a character called Mockingbird and White Rabbit? Or did Marvel lose the rights to them and DC snagged them up?

The early MTUs, in the 1-15 range, were always the mythical books for me growing up. I read the current issues and had some older passed-down copies in the 20's, but I could only imagine the wild and amazing stories that were told there, but all I could do was look up at the ceiling of the LCS and gasp at the outlandish prices.

When I finally completed a HG run of MTU 1-30, with lots of dupes, it was one of my favorite times in comic collecting. :cloud9:

MTU 26 is one of my favorite issues of the early series, as it was a pretty dark story (poor Molto!) with lots of references to past Marvel mags (and I'd always show my friends the missing wings on Thor's helmet), and I can remember looking for years at what became of those "laughing men" in the last panel.

146779.jpg.c4e1504b2abf8ed238d02425bd7f207a.jpg

Yep. The first couple years were amazing for me. Especially the Gil Kane issues. I believe MTU #6 was my very first Spidey book.

I view the MTU run just like the (Batman) Brave and the Bold. Had some very under appreciated runs when it was actually good, but overall was very mediocre so I suppose it deserved to play second fiddle to the titles.

Marvel Team-up 23 was another favorite of mine, as veered away from the traditional Spider-man team-up in favor of a now-classic Human Torch - Iceman tilt.

It's also the first appearance of Equinox (a villain Claremont and Byrne brought back to MTU 59-60), and it is important for another reason - it has the old X-Men (in their final appearance?) telling Iceman to meet them for their "Secret Mission" (to Krakatoa) that provides the impetus for the New X-Men run in GS #1.

A fun little story with a lot of Marvel Mythos tossed in. How could a kid see this cover on the spinner rack and *not* pick it up.

146809.jpg.6e57c28ad18e8b96657c9bbdca056568.jpg

146810.jpg.97a94056bd974b7c65064460e1738327.jpg

I always loved the 41-44 story arc. Time travelling romp featuring Spidey, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Dr Doom against a cool villain by the name of Dark Rider. Real fun read

I always loved the 41-44 story arc. Time travelling romp featuring Spidey, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Dr Doom against a cool villain by the name of Dark Rider. Real fun read

I loved the first couple of issues with the Scarlet Witch and Vision, but then it got kind of zany when Doc Doom and Moondragon showed up.

I loved that arc too, #27 was one of my favorites.

MTU27_zps3105b81d.jpg

Marvel Team-up 23 was another favorite of mine, as veered away from the traditional Spider-man team-up in favor of a now-classic Human Torch - Iceman tilt.

It's also the first appearance of Equinox (a villain Claremont and Byrne brought back to MTU 59-60), and it is important for another reason - it has the old X-Men (in their final appearance?) telling Iceman to meet them for their "Secret Mission" (to Krakatoa) that provides the impetus for the New X-Men run in GS #1.

A fun little story with a lot of Marvel Mythos tossed in. How could a kid see this cover on the spinner rack and *not* pick it up.

Nice pick up on the X-Men secret mission.

Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if GS Spider-Man is Equinox's true first appearance. hm

Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if GS Spider-Man is Equinox's true first appearance. hm

I think these issues were released at the same time, and since the GS app is one of those "in the shadows" things, MTU 23 is given the First Appearance.

MTU was a very hit or miss title for me. I really loved the John Byrne run.

Other stand outs for me were MTU12 with the werewolf, probably because the cover is so cool, anything with DD, and the Thing in issue 47 (which crossed over in MTIO).

This has always been one of my Favorite Marvel Titles and the early covers are gems !

mtu1298_zpsee0dcc90.jpg