• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craig'slist top 40

66 posts in this topic

Best one for me --- I contacted a Chicago seller -

He had posted a list of a LOT of CGC books - and some nice raws.

Was "trying to raise some quick cash" - and was "going to give 30% off" ---

not a lot more information

smelled like a scam regardless - but I thought i would ping the seller to see if they had an idea of what they wanted and if it was within reason.

- I am pretty new at bulk buying, but I always try and be upfront with expectations. Even with CGC - I would expect more than 30% off of GPA if making a substantial bulk purchase (and I there was no indication of 30% off of what) -- plus there were a significant number of "so what" cgc books (GPA for less than the cost of slabbing).

So I politely asked what he might consider for the lot - and what he meant by 30% off --- the answer I received ----

"Dude why are you being a d***? I'm not taking pictures for you, I'm not washing your car. U don't know what a cgc comic looks like? If u were interested, u would be putting a number on the table like the other guys. I'm not taking pictures for u, I'm not going to do Jack s*** for u. Why don't u meet for a drink tonight & try to get me to do s*** for u for free. Yeah cuz u know u can't"

Guy was a great salesman. Wish I could post the original link - but it is showing as expired on CL now.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/clt/4422203992.html

one I was looking at this morning....

I probably have the same issues from my recent score - would let them go for a fraction of his "price"

;)

Bahhhh! If theyre not mink they aint sh*t!

That listing has been up for at least a year..... too slow doh!

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/clt/4422203992.html

one I was looking at this morning....

I probably have the same issues from my recent score - would let them go for a fraction of his "price"

;)

Good thing the box is decorative-that helps with the preservation.

Off subject but not only have I seen this in a craigslist ad but have heard people say "the books are still in the plastic"

That is one of my favorites

It's even original plastic...no comic book was ever in it before!

I mean, I just put it in there yesterday, but it's still in there! I checked to make sure it hadn't gotten loose.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/clt/4387159756.html

Need some beater copies of McHale's Navy, Bugs Bunny, a defaced copy of Annette by Walt Disney to line the cat's litter box? $950 and they can be yours.

I dunno. I'd give this seller credit for listing at what they think is an actual fair price. They list a ton of information. It looks like they used some price guide and show the low/high values.

Walt disney's Donald in Mathmagic Land": No. 1051 1959: $28.80 - 324.00

If my math is right, the low values they list total up to around $800. So, in that thinking the $950 number isn't too out of line with some books being a bit nicer than others. I'm sure they spent a lot of time on the numbers and agonized over the asking price.

The numbers are still laughable, but they showed their work even if they got the wrong answer.

From Norfolk, Virginia:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/clt/4384811353.html

:roflmao:

Mint condition, and the best part: "I know what they are worth." lol

Nope, sorry. That one is in "Mink" condition.

EDIT: Unfortunately most of mine are Rabbit or Fox condition at best.

:sorry:

I didn't even catch the typo! Even more hilarious. lol

Off subject but not only have I seen this in a craigslist ad but have heard people say "the books are still in the plastic"

That is one of my favorites

My favorite is when they say

" Never been out of the plastic"

As if they come that way , factory sealed.

The seller only needs 1 person to fall for it.

and if it was slabs that one person would raise GPA ! it happens all the time a sucker buys a super high book and all of a sudden that's the going rate ! good think craigs list sales are not GPA reported .