• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first DC/Marvel Key.

62 posts in this topic

Hey, boardies so I was wondering what was all your guys first DC/Marvel key books when you started collecting? For instance my first DC Key was the First Appearnce of doomsday. My first Marvel Key Iron Man 282.. Yeah there moderns I know but hey thats how i started 4 months ago.. (thumbs u

Hey, boardies so I was wondering what was all your guys first DC/Marvel key books when you started collecting? For instance my first DC Key was the First Appearnce of doomsday. My first Marvel Key Iron Man 282.. Yeah there moderns I know but hey thats how i started 4 months ago.. (thumbs u

hm That was a long time ago. Excluding very minor first appearances like Showcase 80 or No. 1's like What If? 1, it would have been ASM 31 or 41.

Oddly enough, I recall reading the first StarLord on the newstand. :tonofbricks:

Awesome man.. lol I know that feeling i remember before I was in to comics my girlfriend(NOW EX) got me the walking dead #1 first print and i lost it somewere long time ago and i had no clue what it would be like 6 years later.. I was bummed.. ???

I purchased lower grade copies of JIM 83, Hulk 1 and Showcase 22 all at the same convention when I was 12 - back in 1971. It was a huge thrill, as finding books like that had seemed impossible to me a year earlier before I'd even heard of conventions, and the oldest book I had was an early X-men. If memory serves I picked them all up from the same dealer for $50, pretty much blowing my savings.

I take it back my first key was GL 76 off the newsstand. Later sold it to Neal Adams.

Back in the early 90's, when I was 11 or 12 I bought a Giant Size X-Men #1 from a local comic store out of their back issue long boxes. No idea what the condition was or what I paid. It couldn't have been much more than $25, that would have been a lot of coin to me back then.

Actually the first "key" I would have acquired would have been Conan #1 off the newsstand. I remember it specifically, because the guy that ran the soda shop where I used to spend my quarter allowance on comic books asked me to run down the block and get him change for a 10 from another store. In return he told me I could have any comic I wanted for free. That was what I picked out.

I take it back my first key was GL 76 off the newsstand. Later sold it to Neal Adams.

How do you sell an artist's own artwork back to him?

Apparently he had kept nothing of his printed work. When he got involved with Jeanette Kahn she went on a manhunt trying to get all the issues he worked on for him.