• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay update: Blocked Bidders Lists

24 posts in this topic

baronstrucker is a guy in Mexico City. He won about 40(!) of my auctions over a 4 or 5 day period. Wanted to do something on shipping and ship them all together. No prob, I say. He'll send me a big check tout suite, he says.

a

n

d

t

h

e

n

2 months go by (I was much more lenient then),

I send him the notifications. He FLAMES me in emails, saying I don't understand that the peso devaluation is hurting him, blah blah blah, and he wants to work with me, blah blah blah.

So I give him some slack. He says he's going to pay. AND HE BIDS ON MORE OF MY STUFF (boy was I stupid).

Upshot of it all - he "won" about 50-60 items from me. Paid for 10. So I whacked him with multiple negs and had to relist everything.

Thanks. Just copied/pasted into my blocked bidder list

Just a note, especially to the new members of the forum, not everyone on somebody's elses blocked list should be just added to your blocked list. Granted the majority of them are well deserving of being blocked but there are many that I recognize that are good buyers/sellers. You could end up losing business if you block people without justification - some times it was just a bad experience between two people. The id's I recognize that I have had good experiences with are :

vanbooks@aol.com - Star Trek stuff

kingofdeals - goldenage comics (?) or Star TRek

procrustean - comics

nuffsaidcollectibles - statues

newkadia - comics

If you check the id's you will find their feedback is good, some exceptional. Personally, before I cut and pasted a blocked list , I would look at the feedback ratings and use that as a guideline. A lot of the really bad id's that have been listed have already been kicked off of eBay.

Tom