• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

best option when you dont have a local comic shop?

12 posts in this topic

anyone else have this issue? The closest shop to me is prob an hour away and with my new baby i just cant make that drive whenever i want anymore.

Whats the best online options to have books sent directly to me? Worth doing?

I've ordered my weeklies from Midtown for years.

I've had maybe 2-3 issues over that entire time, and they them all right, with no hassle.

I get them shipped out on a monthly basis, and they always come packed and secured well.

So that's one option.

Midtown is great. I rarely have any issues with them and I love having subscriptions then every Wednesday clicking on new comics and adding them to the pile. :)

Here is a real answer: use www.dcbservice.com . The discount is around 40% off retail, you can get monthly shipping for about $13 or weekly shipping for $20 (no matter how much you order). You do have to pay a month in advance and preorder all of your books. If you are ok with that, then I challenge you to find a better deal.

For the one-off stuff, back issues, or something you think you might want but dont want to order and want to wait until it comes out to decide, use www.mycomicshop.com. Flat shipping of $4.95, great prices and large quantity of comics available.

I cannot recommend any other comic sites higher.

anyone else have this issue? The closest shop to me is prob an hour away and with my new baby i just cant make that drive whenever i want anymore.

Why buy new books at all. Go cold turkey for a month and buy month old books at huge discounts.

Why buy new books at all. Go cold turkey for a month and buy month old books at huge discounts.

I find this the complete opposite of my experience. I've started waiting about every month to buy all my Spider-Man/Walking Dead books at one time. They end up costing more with shipping and everything. Might as well get a discount and free shipping.

Here is a real answer: use www.dcbservice.com . The discount is around 40% off retail, you can get monthly shipping for about $13 or weekly shipping for $20 (no matter how much you order). You do have to pay a month in advance and preorder all of your books. If you are ok with that, then I challenge you to find a better deal.

+1

And the best thing about the pre-ordering is you NEVER have to worry about not getting what you ordered (as long as you pre-ordered).

I've been using DCBS for 3+ years and have never been anything but thrilled with their work. Amazing packing (never a problem getting pristine books), great online site for ordering, and spectacular customer service (I actually had Cameron, one of the main people there send me HIS copy of a book that got missed from my order and then sold out of the 1st printing).

They arent the people to contact when a book blows up to try and snag one off the shelves (since they are pre-order) but for a monthly pull list and pre-ordering (on comics, trades, everything in Previews) they are the ONLY way to go in my book.