• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where have all of the Atlas PCH gone?

20 posts in this topic

There doesen't seem to be any for sale anywhere, higher grade wise. Just about everything else can be had if you have the money. But I can't find nicer higher grade Atlas books at all. Nothing in any of the ComicConnect recent auctions, Sparkle City's hoard has seemed to dry up compleatly, and even Heritage hasn't had anything great in months.

Have all of the higher grade books just been gobbled up at this point and locked away?

I'm looking so if anybody can turn me onto to anything good I'd appreciate it. Upcoming cons, boardies, LCS, websites???

PM me an I'll even flip a nice finders fee.................

There doesen't seem to be any for sale anywhere, higher grade wise. Just about everything else can be had if you have the money. But I can't find nicer higher grade Atlas books at all. Nothing in any of the ComicConnect recent auctions, Sparkle City's hoard has seemed to dry up compleatly, and even Heritage hasn't had anything great in months.

Have all of the higher grade books just been gobbled up at this point and locked away?

I'm looking so if anybody can turn me onto to anything good I'd appreciate it. Upcoming cons, boardies, LCS, websites???

well they weren't that popular and not that many to begin with anyway. Then they got popular...but there still arent that many. I could be an economist... :P

well they weren't that popular and there weren't that many to begin with anyway. Then they got popular...but there still arent that many. I could be an economist... :P

..... they were also poorly represented in the Gerber PhotoJournals ..... so they never became part of the GA coverquest that Gerber helped to initiate. Many were scrapped during the Wertham craze by zealous Mom's and the few pedigrees that contain them are usually not all inclusive. The few HG copies out there are owned by collectors who truly love them and prices are just not high enough to shake many loose. I'm thrilled when I can find them in solid Fine.... Best bet is to put out some want lists and make inquiries wherever possible through the Heritage Archives..... but pack a lunch :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Maybe Gerber couldn't find them.

But seriously to think there are people on these boards that don't compete in the registry, don't like CGC, but have a lot of books locked away from the public eye is actually quite exciting.

Makes you think twice about trusting the census.

Since this is CG , I will take the liberty of posting a typical example of just exactly what an Atlas PCH is ....... GOD BLESS...

P.S. This is not my book..... for the record .... wish it was....

menace1.jpg

Thanks all -

You guys are always so knowledgeble and quick to point someone in the right direction.

Thanks again.............

One thing about HG Atlas PCH....... it's not often that you see an auction where you're forced to make tough decisions lol GOD BLESS...

P.S. ALL the genres in the Atlas canon are tough in grade..... it's a patient man's game.....

Thanks all -

You guys are always so knowledgeble and quick to point someone in the right direction.

One thing about HG Atlas PCH....... it's not often that you see an auction where you're forced to make tough decisions lol GOD BLESS...

P.S. ALL the genres in the Atlas canon are tough in grade..... it's a patient man's game.....

Your not kidding.

It took me close to 30 years to build my Kid Colt set to where I am mostly satisfied (are we ever really?), and I said to myself "Hey, I'm still a young man, I can't be DONE" So I decided to venture into higher grade Atlas PCH. Thinking that it might lead me on another multi decade journey.

I've been lucky enough to find a couple in higher grade, including that beautiful copy from you jimbo, and at that point it's just like having the dt's, It's hard to wait until I can get my next fix.

Thanks all -

Your not kidding.

It took me close to 30 years to build my Kid Colt set to where I am mostly satisfied (are we ever really?), and I said to myself "Hey, I'm still a young man, I can't be DONE" So I decided to venture into higher grade Atlas PCH. Thinking that it might lead me on another multi decade journey.

I've been lucky enough to find a couple in higher grade, including that beautiful copy from you jimbo, and at that point it's just like having the dt's, It's hard to wait until I can get my next fix.

..... tell me about it. Luckily a solid Fine will do the trick for me most times..... although I have a couple really sharp ones that are just hard to put down...... but I can't afford many at that level. It's a fun publisher to chase .... GOD BLESS...

Thanks all -

The thing about tough, high demand books is that if a dealer has a customer and they know that they are definite buyers those customers will often get offered books before they ever make it to public sites. That's probably where a lot of the books are getting sold.

I've sold a ton of high grade and even highest graded Atlas pre-code in the past year (OK, not a ton but maybe 20 or 30 really high grade books which is the equivalent of a ton in Atlas pre-code as well as a bunch of mid to high grades) and most of them went to customers who I knew were looking for them.

JourneyIntoMystery3CGC7_5COW1032371005.jpg

Here's a couple raws I've run across, still not as high grade as I prefer:

ST_16_FN_FC.jpg

I've always loved this book!

StrangeTales16.jpg

Thanks all -

The thing about tough, high demand books is that if a dealer has a customer and they know that they are definite buyers those customers will often get offered books before they ever make it to public sites. That's probably where a lot of the books are getting sold.

I've sold a ton of high grade and even highest graded Atlas pre-code in the past year (OK, not a ton but maybe 20 or 30 really high grade books which is the equivalent of a ton in Atlas pre-code as well as a bunch of mid to high grades) and most of them went to customers who I knew were looking for them.

JourneyIntoMystery3CGC7_5COW1032371005.jpg

And this is the problem. Dealers putting personal relationships over profit. :-P

The most profit is most often realized when you make people fight over it. I've been lucky to snag some 7's of key Atlas pch. Usually raw stuff with potential. But I'm with the other boardies. A solid Atlas fine gives me the fix.