• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense 52 Club - First Black Widow!

31 posts in this topic

I have a CGC 9.2 I got years ago. Up until a few months ago this book was undervalued, but them as I previously predicted it seems to have 'popped' and is setting new records. Due to its relative scarcity in high grade I expect this trend to continue. There are a lot of undervalued pre 1965 keys and very few spevulators are buying due to the cost of high grade copies. Other books that appear undervalued are Tales of Suspense 53 and 57; and Strange Tales 110, 115, and 135.

Wow!!

I have never once looked at the census #s for this book until now, upon reading your post.

Had no clue no 9.8s and so few 9.6s and even 9.4s.

I have a CGC 9.2 I got years ago. Up until a few months ago this book was undervalued, but them as I previously predicted it seems to have 'popped' and is setting new records. Due to its relative scarcity in high grade I expect this trend to continue. There are a lot of undervalued pre 1965 keys and very few spevulators are buying due to the cost of high grade copies. Other books that appear undervalued are Tales of Suspense 53 and 57; and Strange Tales 110, 115, and 135.

Wow!!

I have never once looked at the census #s for this book until now, upon reading your post.

There are a lot of pre-1965 books like this that are key issues and undervalued. Ignore the hype. The supply of books like Hulk 181 is nothing but constant. If you want to get books before they 'pop' look for undervalued scarce books in high grade.

Wow!!

There are a lot of pre-1965 books like this that are key issues and undervalued. Ignore the hype. The supply of books like Hulk 181 is nothing but constant. If you want to get books before they 'pop' look for undervalued scarce books in high grade.

I'm glad I completed my Natasha run a few years back:)

namisgr -

that purple, though such a beautiful hue, indeed shows any color breaks or a chip like no tomorrow. Adds up to why so tough to find in HG.

(Twin Cities books imho just have so much curb appeal!!

You guys were smart to lock in high grade copies awhile back! Alas, I was not so wise. :facepalm:

Yes, this is one book that will start to rise pretty quickly due to the lack of high grade copies readily available to choose from. If there are any other 1965 and earlier books you are thinking of getting that may be impacted due to 'speculative movie hype' I would advise moving in on them soon. If you wait you should still be able to get some of them as soon as post 'movie hype demand' starts to fade. Not all these books will remain at their current price levels indefinitely.