• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel CD-ROM Comic Book Library

14 posts in this topic

Picked up the Avengers one today, and just finished checking it out. Pretty nice! The CD has issues #1-10 on it, viewable in color or B&W, scalable, printable, and very high quality.

The extras include a Character Bio area, with pages from the Marvel Encyclopedia of each Avenger in issues #1-10 (Cap, Wasp, Pym, Thor and Iron Man). Pym is shown as Yellow Jacket instead of Ant/Giant Man, but no big deal.

There is also a link to the Marvel website that lets you get a free mini-subscription (3 issues) to Marvel Age Spidey, Ult Spidey, or Ult X-men. They do charge you $3 for shipping/handling.

The disk was $4.99, which is a pretty good deal. I understand there are also disks for several other titles - I saw Iron Man, FF, and Spidey at my comic store. The Spider-man collection is a huge boxed set. The store manager said it had nearly all the Spider-man issues in it up to Straczynski (!).

The software is nice - it gives you several options (color, b&w, % size, rotated 90 degrees, size to fit, etc.), and is easy to flip through pages with a back and forth arrow or the pages are listed as thumbnails on the left so that you can just select what page you want to read.

Do they have these for other runs like IIron Man, FF, Avengers and Thor?

I emailed the company earlier this year and he told me they have several in the works.

One was like a "best of Marvel" compilation. I'll dig up the email later.

I actually didn't know that the Spider-Man set was out yet though, so this is cool. thumbsup2.gif

Do they have these for other runs like IIron Man, FF, Avengers and Thor?

Right now Spiderman is the only complete run available. They also have single CDs of the first 10 issues for Daredevil, FF, Avengers, Thor and X-men. Possibly others, but those are the ones I saw at the LCS.

I've been sitting at computers since 1989, and I have no desire to read my comics sitting here.

Give me the books any day, reader copy, bent, burnt, pissed on, whatever!

To each their own confused-smiley-013.gif

I find this version perfect for those boring times at work when I need something to do. Sitting there reading on the computer at least looks like I am accomplishing something gossip.gif

What I am wondering is how Marvel gave them a license to do that without Diamond getting wind of it. Or perhaps Diamond did solicit it and he is just the first to sell it?

His SKU looks like a Diamond ordering code and if thats the case, we will probably sell them.

Hmm.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

drice6900, you do have a point about at least looking like I'm doing something.

My wife thinks I just come to this board when she is in the room and the rest of the time I spend watching Pam Anderson videos.

I have a smart wife!