• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 + April 24-26, 2015, It's Never To Early.

237 posts in this topic

WW Chicago is one of the best shows for buying books. There will be more dealers with a greater selection of GA and SA books there

I agree. WW Chicago is also in a better location than C2E2.

For you, maybe (being from the burbs). For me, it's just a drive down LSD.

But WW does have a better selection of older books.

Distance wise, it's about the same for me. However, the neighborhood around C2E2 is not good.

No restaurants, hotels, etc. within walking distance. At Wizard I can walk out the front door and immediately across the street is Gibson's.

WW Chicago is one of the best shows for buying books. There will be more dealers with a greater selection of GA and SA books there

I agree. WW Chicago is also in a better location than C2E2.

For you, maybe (being from the burbs). For me, it's just a drive down LSD.

But WW does have a better selection of older books.

Distance wise, it's about the same for me. However, the neighborhood around C2E2 is not good.

No restaurants, hotels, etc. within walking distance. At Wizard I can walk out the front door and immediately across the street is Gibson's.

Bob, David Burke's is a quick cab ride from the Hyatt at McCormick place. Not across the street, but worth the ride. And I agree, one of the least appealing parts of c2 is the neighborhood. But there is a majestic view of Gary In from the Hyatt if you face East.

But there is a majestic view of Gary In from the Hyatt if you face East.

Hey Dave ! While it may be tongue in cheek, I have never heard the word majestic used in describing Gary, Indiana. Though, with the right wind direction, I'm sure you can smell Gary from the Hyatt.

C2E2 will soon overtake WW Chicago as the premier comic related con in Chicago. WW is dirty and you can just jump in a caband be anywhere cool in minutes. Once the Lucas Star War museum hits the CHi Town San Diego can kiss their con goodbye--it will be all Chicago's and Rahm;s for the taking

C2E2 will soon overtake WW Chicago as the premier comic related con in Chicago. WW is dirty and you can just jump in a caband be anywhere cool in minutes. Once the Lucas Star War museum hits the CHi Town San Diego can kiss their con goodbye--it will be all Chicago's and Rahm;s for the taking

If C2E2 is going to overtake WW they need to hold it on a less terrible weekend, and preferably move it into the summer months. I've wanted to attend since they started it up, but late April is a really difficult time to travel because of where it falls in the semester.

You're dreaming if you think a Star Wars museum is going to "plus" C2E2 to take over SDCC.

Im saying the San Diego con will move to Chicago Rahm will steal that next for Chicago. It makes sense. McCormick place is bigger than any convention center in San Diego and with the Lucas Museum right there and where Chicago is on the map it makes sense, Rahm stole the NFL draft from New York this year, he'll make sure the Obama library is here over New York etc. I see it happening when it comes time to renew the lease

I'm confused. Is this a good con in terms of venders but not good for Golden Age books? Its a bit of a drive but I'd be willing to head over a take a look if its a good con to buy books at.

I think its a good con to buy books GA SA etc plenty of Dealers with lots of supply all the big dealers are there etc. i used to look forward to WW more but since they split the vendors between upstairs and downstairs not so much plus its gotten quite grungy IMO C2 E2 all on one floor and very clean places to sit and eat etc (ie tables and chairs_

I think its a good con to buy books GA SA etc plenty of Dealers with lots of supply all the big dealers are there etc. i used to look forward to WW more but since they split the vendors between upstairs and downstairs not so much plus its gotten quite grungy IMO C2 E2 all on one floor and very clean places to sit and eat etc (ie tables and chairs_

Last year WW was all on one floor. They did have another room for celebs, but none of the big comic dealers were in there. The setup was much better in '14 than '13.

I didn't like last year's C2E2 very much. It was more of a big media event rather than a comic show. It was loud and confusing. The dealers seemed spread out, all over the place. The big dealers were there but not none of the little guys. I just don't like it anymore. Sorry.

You're dreaming.

Wake up.

You're dreaming.

Wake up.

You missed the part where the mayor is going to buy SDCC. Or something.

I'm confused. Is this a good con in terms of venders but not good for Golden Age books? Its a bit of a drive but I'd be willing to head over a take a look if its a good con to buy books at.

It doesn't come close to WW Chicago for the amount and selection of books. It's a decent, glitzy show at a nice venue, but if I were forced to choose between the two it would be WW Chicago all day.

You're dreaming.

Wake up.

You missed the part where the mayor is going to buy SDCC. Or something.

I assumed he was joking, because if the mayor "bought SDCC" then that would be the premiere con in Chicago and not C2E2 lol

lol. Rahm Emmanuel has been about the most ineffective mayor that this city has had. the only thing he's done is shut down a bunch of schools and let the crime rate go out of control.

as for the Chicago shows, wizard world Chicago is best for comic books. for everything else - guests, professionalism, overall good time, its c2e2.

well. we've only had a few Mayors in the last 40 years so I don't think that's saying much. he gets his stuff passed through that's all that matters (not as easy as Daley but he does it) he is all we've got he will be Mayor as long as he wants too