• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 + April 24-26, 2015, It's Never To Early.

237 posts in this topic

so now it looks like we have boardies threatening other members because of what con they think is better. I smell rubber burning. give me a fricking break.

C2E2 has eclipsed Phil's parking lot as the go-to place to rumble

good point on site grading and pressing is a major plus as c2e2 continues to grow I think we will see it there shortly

So now CGC is going to do onsite grading at C2E2? lol

C2E2 says 62,900 in 2014. The most recent numbers I could find for WW Chicago are 58,000 in 2006. I guess Wizard doesn't officially release numbers anymore. Having been to every one since '06, I can tell you that the show has gotten much bigger since then

According to last year's WW sales packets, Chicago is doing very well:

Screenshot2015-01-20at110420PM_zpscd942aea.png

That said, I've never been. I have been to C2E2 the past 2 years and have no regrets on that choice. Awesome time.

Skipping C2E2 this year for a decent size con with half the drive time for me. That and WW is actually coming to my hometown later in the year too. Spending all that extra dough on hotels at distant cons leaves less money for books, and that's just no fun..

According to last year's WW sales packets, Chicago is doing very well:

Screenshot2015-01-20at110420PM_zpscd942aea.png

I'm not surprised that WW Chicago is this well attended. I'm also not surprised to see that Austin had really good attendance numbers, which makes their incredibly poor scheduling decisions for that con even more perplexing. Austin used to be my second favorite con of the year after Chicago, now I'm passing after passing last year too.

I cannot wait. And I had the palmer house booked originally but was able to book at the Hyatt regency McCormick via an email blast sent by c2e2 yesterday if anyone was looking to get in there. I figured it would be nice to just walk down from my room instead of dealing with shuttles/cabs

Howdy!

We are very pleased to be attending this show once again as Stan Lee's CGC Signature Series Facilitator.

You buy autograph tickets while you wait in line and we will have our CGC SS Witnesses present if you want to verify his signature.

See you there! We will be setup at the end of Stan Lee's autograph line. :)

Best,

Sean