• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC Correct and properly notate Green Lantern 76 ???

9 posts in this topic

Would CGC make a correction on this slab? It is incorrectly notated as Mexican Edition but it was actually published in Barcelona Spain. Below are my raw copies of both to show the differences...I would be wary to send them both in and be notated as the same book as the Mexico Edition is far more scarce to come by

Any Recommendations????(shrug)

Thanks!

_573_zps9c42cd16.jpg

Mexican and Spain Editions

20140215_121243_zpsf5563721.jpg

Cover Price Difference of Mexico versus Spain

20140215_121128_zps96acad1b.jpg

Spain version has a printed "7" on top left corner

20140215_121121_zps4942e56b.jpg

Indicias show publication origins of Mexico and Spain

20140214_211042_zps8b28cf58.jpg

Republica of Mexicana (Mexico Edition) and Barcelona (Spain Edition)

20140214_211021_zps14ef119f.jpg

20140214_210955_zps553269e2.jpg

Hello,

Is it possible for you to e-mail me a more visible scan of the Indicia?

The scans you provided of the inside of the raw book read as if it is the Mexican Edition.

We would re-label/holder the book if the information provided on the label is incorrect. Sometimes, the only way to tell is to send the book in and have us re-examine the information.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hello,

Is it possible for you to e-mail me a more visible scan of the Indicia?

The scans you provided of the inside of the raw book read as if it is the Mexican Edition.

We would re-label/holder the book if the information provided on the label is incorrect. Sometimes, the only way to tell is to send the book in and have us re-examine the information.

Thanks,

Nicole

I will get you better pics of each Indicia if need be. They are clearly different visually and the Mexico edition is little to none on the market and the Spain is readily available in Europe.

this pic below the Indicia on top is from Barcelona, Spain and the bottom indicia is the real Mexican version.....

It says "Distribudore para Espana" meaning it was for Spain distribution not Mexico

20140214_210955_zps553269e2.jpg

My goal is to have them correctly labeled by country publication whereas "Mexican" is not correct and should be labeled as "Spain Edition" and "Mexico Edition".

Mexico/Spain have separate spanish published licensed books in the same case as Portugal/Brazil in Portuguese and also some Denmark/Norway publications

Thanks for your consideration

My goal is to have them correctly labeled by country publication whereas "Mexican" is not correct and should be labeled as "Spain Edition" and "Mexico Edition".

How about having the goal of not being in the Hall of Shame?

Okay, in that case you will need to send the book in for a re-holder/possible re-label. They will need to crack the book open to view the indicia.

I did have someone interpret the information and to the best of my knowledge and their's the information was published and the indicia including Mexican Edition. But, we are always willing to take a look at the actual book that is encapsulated.

You will need to fill out an invoice with your book and when you send it in, please put Attn: Nicole

Thanks,

Nicole

For the record: According to Gustavo Medina (who worked as a translator for Editorial Novaro) both versions of this book were printed in Mexico. The Revista Juvenil copies were mostly sent to Spain or distribution but some were also distributed in Mexico and South America.

(thumbs u

For the record: According to Gustavo Medina (who worked as a translator for Editorial Novaro) both versions of this book were printed in Mexico. The Revista Juvenil copies were mostly sent to Spain or distribution but some were also distributed in Mexico and South America.

(thumbs u

I just want the separate notation that one has "Distribudore para Espana" and the other does not

CGC already agreed to the change so one up for us foreign colletors :applause::applause:

We are going to take a look at the book.

We did not say we are going to change the notation. The only change it would indication would be Spain Edition, if the book you have says that in the indicia.

We are going to take a look at the book.

We did not say we are going to change the notation. The only change it would indication would be Spain Edition, if the book you have says that in the indicia.

Yeah Spain notation is what Im talking about.

One is Mexico and the other is Spain. The proof is in the indicia

Thanks NMP :applause::foryou::banana: