• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Expo 2014 convention report

526 posts in this topic

This was a booth on custom costume accessories. They were promoting a new plastic accessory that looks like crystal. It can be lit and they can produce some rather cool effects. The giant creature was over 10 feet tall:

CalgaryExpo2014010_zps661eeb50.jpg

This model roamed about in front of the booth, she had a design of a mantle that was lighted from beneath and when she walked the lighting flicked in the crystals. Basically it looked like fire. Very cool stuff.

CalgaryExpo2014142_zps6b7ff5c8.jpg

CalgaryExpo2014143_zps2a4be84a.jpg

random vendor who was not at his booth (shrug)

CalgaryExpo2014008_zps0820c2dd.jpg

Chad's books.

Thanks Greggy, is who I thought but you know, it all blends together. :)

I see the same chit on his walls that never seem to move.

My impression of the event was short as I had to work

1 -- to get the good stuff you have to be there 3 minutes after the boxes leave the truck or the dealers grab it all ( I really mean they get it all )

2- best time to brose and buy is just before the show starts everyone is set up with no people in the way

3 - having a dealer pass ROCKS

:)

Thanks fellows

Some Thursday costumes. Yes, it is a fleshfest yet again. I told my Clobberin' Time cohorts that this year I was taking LESS pictures. I took 676 pics at last years Calgary Comic Expo. This Year I "only" took 550.

Lots of great costumes.

I LOVED this Cthulu

CalgaryExpo2014025_zps7d7ae3d7.jpg

My impression of the event was short as I had to work

1 -- to get the good stuff you have to be there 3 minutes after the boxes leave the truck or the dealers grab it all ( I really mean they get it all )

2- best time to brose and buy is just before the show starts everyone is set up with no people in the way

3 - having a dealer pass ROCKS

:)

Thanks fellows

You bet. Glad Dave could hook you up friend. Yes there is a TON of comic action before the show opens.

More to come later, I have to leave for awhile to pick up all the longboxes from Wizard's Comics truck.

:hi:

Which Winnipeg dealers did you have dinner with?

I believe their name is Thosedamncomics. Guys named Mike and Dave. Good guys.

great homemade costume. Talked to the guy a little. I used to design costumes for a costume manufacturing company, I was the conceptual artist so I have an interest in costumes.CalgaryExpo2014030_zps59f934c3.jpg

Yes they're brothers, I asked Dave if he could find me a Spidey 1 Said he'd text me if he found something but no text :(

I tried to get a booth about 6 months ago but sold out.

We had a Spidey 1 in our booth and we were right beside them, they didn't get out of their booth much ( it was a busy show ).

I like this one:

CalgaryExpo2014033_zpsef064002.jpg

She has a helmet in her bag and was going to put it on but I asked her not to. For fun I asked if she could sing the "Star Spangled Man with a Plan" song, she laughed.

Yes they're brothers, I asked Dave if he could find me a Spidey 1 Said he'd text me if he found something but no text :(

I tried to get a booth about 6 months ago but sold out.

We had a Spidey 1 in our booth and we were right beside them, they didn't get out of their booth much ( it was a busy show ).

Did you sell it? PM me with a pic if it's still around