• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Spotlight 5

8 posts in this topic

Hi All, Ran into a strange one here. Looking at the front cover, I don't see any evidence of color touch, but inside some black appears to have bled through. I was inspecting the book to sell on the boards, but I don't want to mis-represent it. Aside from the grade, any thoughts on if this is from the original black on the cover or possible color touch? I don't have any restored books at all so I have nothing to compare to. looking at the front cover at an angle in the light i don't see any evidence of any kind of added ink as I would expect if there were color touch. Thanks for you time and thoughts!

scan0001_zpscf2a2dd4.jpg

scan0003_zpsb0ecf2da.jpg

IMG_1848_zps49ae3af7.jpg

IMG_1847_zps369a3c81.jpg

That has been touched, with the color of black.

ID10TS!!! Who does that?

No kidding, right? The book is extremely nice. It was done to tiny stress lines too. I don't even think it really would have improved the grade anyway. doh!

That has been touched, with the color of black.

ID10TS!!! Who does that?

No kidding, right? The book is extremely nice. It was done to tiny stress lines too. I don't even think it really would have improved the grade anyway. doh!

IMO color touch does not improve the grade but gives the illusion of a higher grade to generate a higher dollar sell.