• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Trivia Game Oh-Fishy-Al Thread!

951 posts in this topic

Today's score:

Maloney - 4

BB - 3

Plantman - 1

For a running total of:

Maloney - 14

Medium Lover - 9

Bunky Brian - 7

Ken Aldred - 2

Plantman - 1

Congrats all, and thanks for playing! Hopefully tomorrow, I can play the full hour!

Ehhh...don't feel too bad. It was a trick question.

Thanos "died", after all, in MTIO Annual #2, and that was in 1977...then he appears in all sorts of flashbacks all over the Marvel U for a decade...Captain Marvel reprints, Warlock reprints, Marvel Handbook, Captain Marvel #56-57, Death of Capt Marvel, and others.

Then, someone decides that he needed a Thanos copter, so he's resurrected...so to speak....and appears in the story of Spidey Super Stories #39 (which was doubtless a file story, as it came nearly two years after Thanos was already dead!)

It was the only non-flashback, non-reprint story that Thanos was in in between MTIO Ann #2 and SS #34.

The reason I thought The Death of Captain Marvel GN was the right one is because the fight scene between Thanos and Mar-Vell isn't a flashback, nor is Thanos accompanying Mar-Vell into the afterlife. New material.

The book was published 1982, Spidey Super Stories 39 in 1979.

Oh, and ML, can you please post the Thanos appearance in Quasar 2? I'm pretty certain it's a flashback, but I want to make absolute sure.

Definitely a flashback. I'll try to post a scan posted before game time.

The reason I thought The Death of Captain Marvel GN was the right one is because the fight scene between Thanos and Mar-Vell isn't a flashback, nor is Thanos accompanying Mar-Vell into the afterlife. New material.

The book was published 1982, Spidey Super Stories 39 in 1979.

hm

I tell you what...tomorrow, I'll pull out my copy and check. If I see material that's not flashback in any way, I'll change the points awarded.

Fair?

:)

Are you sure about the 1st McFarlane Spidey being Hulk 339?

I'm looking threw it now and don't see him. Is it an Easter Egg type image in the book?

Yup. He's in there. Not hidden or anything. ;)