• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolish LCS owner!!

28 posts in this topic

Few years ago I saw an autographed piece comic art by Stan Lee, it was a "one of a kind piece of art" at a show.. Someone in the store was looking at it, put it on the counter when done, minute or two later the clerk knocked it off, broke the glass.

He next demanded the customer pay for it. It was like 150-200 bucks. The guy laughed stating he didnt break it, the dealers own lack of grace did it... The dealer in the next booth helped pick up the glass, and was staring at the damage the glass made to the "art" He noticed the scratches in the shine of the paper, and said something. I looked over his shoulder, and pointed out the pattern from the ink jet printer that was used to print it. The dealer selling the "reprint" instantly shrunk to three inches and shut up.

It took about 15 minutes for the entire convention to hear about it....

Yep, When I see the guy at a show I always ask him if he has those non-limited edition prints, and he always looks at me a little sour. Heard from other dealers that the dude has always been a little less than level. How do U warn people of crooks like that at a show... The dealers all know but the customers usually don't.

Anyway it was shameless...

On the otherside of the coin, I have seen dealers give freebies from the quarter box to kids of customers to get them excited. I have seen dealers almost excited as their customers when they hand off what was on someones wish lists. There are tons of dealers that know they have "That issue" and help dig through the boxes to find it. So... I still love the shows but there is always that one bad 893censored-thumb.gifer to 893censored-thumb.gif it up for the rest of us...

True, they're are a lot of good dealers at cons, but then you get a like that to mess it up for everybody. He should have to wear a t-shirt at the con all day that identifies him as a crook, the same way pedophiles have to go door to door when they move to a new neighborhood. mad.gif

True, they're are a lot of good dealers at cons, but then you get a like that to mess it up for everybody. He should have to wear a t-shirt at the con all day that identifies him as a crook, the same way pedophiles have to go door to door when they move to a new neighborhood. mad.gif

We could create a crooked dealer database, and they would have to register whenever they move. A website with photos and a history of their shady dealings might also be in order. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

By the way Shrunk, got the book and your comics will go out tmrw.....sorry about the delay, I am in the middle of studying for finals. Thanks!

We could create a crooked dealer database, and they would have to register whenever they move. A website with photos and a history of their shady dealings might also be in order. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought Old Timer already started one of those 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wait that was just for one guy....

But not a bad idea 893scratchchin-thumb.gif