• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Shops in Florida (Orlando, Tampa, St. Petersburg)?

25 posts in this topic

Hi,

I will be visiting Florida in a few weeks time.

I wonder if you could recommend any Comic Shops in Orlando (and maybe Tampa & St. Petersburg)?

I know of ACME Comics on Orlando.

Anything else?

Thanks.

Orlando: coliseum of comics, comics central, and Mike's Comics

New Port Richey: Yancy Street Comics. Owner Steve is a great guy.

Tampa:

Culture and Thrills/David T Alexander: Sells the most gold age comics on eBay last year. They are on the boards. If you want anything in particular I'd call in advance so they can pull it from the warehouse.

Green shift: half comic shop/half musical instruments. Yesterday started their month long sale. Everything under $10 is $1 and everything else is 50% off.

Heroes Haven: another large online seller. Does a lot of Current issue Cgc and signature series Items.

Read More Comics: the place to go for modern comics in Tampa!

St. Petersburg

Emerald City Comics: easily has the overall most comprehensive silver age wall. The only ones I'd think that would compare are Tates, Past present and future, and the main Coliseum of Comics in Orlando.

I heard Emerald City has a lot of Silver Age keys & even Golden Age in their store. Wonder Woman #1, AF #15 & FF #1 were specifically mentioned... as of last week! ;)

Yancy St has been my lcs for many years. He is inside the Gulf View Square mall off of US19.

Absolutely LOVE this shop. I live in Ohio but my father lives in Hudson...about 15 min north from Yancy St. And I make it a point to visit once or twice while I'm visiting.

There is also a decent shop a little further south on 19....I think it's called Colossal Comics....maybe down by New Port Richey.

What are you looking for and when will you be here? Galaxy ComicCon is on May 18th in Tampa.

I will be in Orlando from May 17th to 23rd.

Would Galaxy ComicCon be worth attending?

Which store is the main/largest "Coliseum of Comics" on Orlando?

Thanks.

What are you looking for and when will you be here? Galaxy ComicCon is on May 18th in Tampa.

I will be in Orlando from May 17th to 23rd.

Would Galaxy ComicCon be worth attending?

Thanks.

I will be set up there. So definitely!

I enjoyed the last Galaxy Con. There were a lot comic dealers and a nice variety. I picked up a Doctor Strange 169 and a bunch of 50% off trades/ hardcovers.

The Millenia store is the main one and seems to have the most wall books. The Kissimmee store is very good too, but a bit of a hike unless you're already staying southwest of downtown Orlando proper (probably convenient if you're staying in the Disney/Lake Buena Vista area).

I might be looking for some "Cerebus" trade paperbacks (partly out of print).

Which shop in the greater Orlando area (or maybe Tampa/St. Pete) might carry these (and give a good discount)?

Thanks.

Which shop in the greater Orlando area (or maybe Tampa/St. Pete) might carry these (and give a good discount)?

Thanks.

Pm gcstomp

He is going to be set up at Galaxy ComicCon and should have those.

Emerald City in St. Petersburg is a must stop for comics.

Another place that has lots of silver age comics at great prices is HOUSE OF COINS in Tarpon Springs. Louie Sakelson runs the place. Nice guy to talk to about comics. I just pickup a WORLDS FINEST #133 I was looking for.

Thanks.

Pm gcstomp

He is going to be set up at Galaxy ComicCon and should have those.

Thanks. I will give that a try.

In case I don't make it to the Galaxy ComicCon which store might carry them?

I am on vacation down here and I hit this store today. I had planned on visiting before today, being it's FCBD and our last day here. But turned out to be a blessing because when I got to through the long lines at the register, the guy told me my haul was "buy one, get one free".....totally psyched as I got some goodies !