• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bored now...

7 posts in this topic

Waiting for my books to be verified.

THe long (albeit, substantially shorter than last year) wait is in process - my modern SS books having been received now for a calendar month. Yes, a calendar month - that's how real people tell time, not in 'business days' when most of the nation can't agree what a business day is anyway...

And I don't really have any extra funds at the moment - so no auction surfing is happening - anyway I have a vacation to go on in two weeks, followed by other responsibilities, like bills, that need to be addressed.

So what is one to do? I don't really have time to go through my raw books and look for CGC possibilities - I've already re-read all my old copies of Man-Thing, and Dr. Strange, and Justice League and the Avengers....

The journals have been mostly quiet and the chat boards aren't my thing...

Ah well - I guess I'll go paint something - once I'm done with the work day.

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

15458.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Lee! Life is too short to be bored man. You can always prep for May-the-Fourth-be-with-you Day, lol. I had never heard that term before watching the Big Bang Theory last night. That also happens to be my wedding anniversary...guess I was geek cool before I knew it, ha! I might even have to pick up a Star Wars book from my LCS today and make it a tradition to buy one, and only one, every 5/4 just to be festive. :)

My Economy books from ECCC must still be at CCS as those invoices have not appeared on my Status yet. The waiting is rough for sure. I DID though just receive my ECCC t-shirt in the mail yesterday and it looks fantastic! They had sold out at the show so I had to order online after I got back home. I was bummed at the time but now I'm happy I have it...next year (hopefully) I'll have to pick one up on the first day.

Can't wait to hear how the vacation goes...have fun!

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Thanks Surfer - I'm just in a lull in collecting and not much is happening.

It'll all be good soon - invoices will start to roll in and I will have new things to play with.

If only I could win the lotto and not have to fuss over my budget quite as much.

Lee

Totally love your positive attitude!

But I am sympathetic to Lee K's feelings right now.

It seems to be many of us are going through some kind of lull.

I started off strong with certain things but got slowed down when life comes and does a "reality-check". But I know to practice patience because good times lie ahead.

SW3D

Lee, remember the video we did of opening the #131 Daredevil. It came back a 9.6 SS. I might resub it for Matt. That is a bummer. The book didn't even look close to a 9.8 and that is what upsets me...Oh well...The DD #157 came back 9.8 SS so I figure I have that going for me.......see ya soon my friend

Ronny - 9.6SS huh? Well, it looked like a 9.4 when we cracked it open - so maybe 9.6 isn't all that bad - even if it was a 9.8 in the case.

I am concerned about my former 9.4 Deathlok that I had Janson sign - I bet it is a 9.0...which would disappoint. Oh well, buy the book - not the grade - but, then why grade anything, right?

Happy hunting!

Lee