• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

38 posts in this topic

1.5/1.8 because it looks like it's still attached, but I probably wouldn't want to pay 1.5 price for a book that the cover is barely hanging on. That cover looks like it's holding on by a tuck.

I agree with Master Conan!

I did not think a cover detached is needed to give a Fair… to me when a book has such a degree of wear, it is not in the Good range. Am I missing something? (shrug)

when I think of fair, i'm thinking 1/10 front cover missing, 2/3 spine split, cover detached, missing staples, soiling, dog poop on the cover, that kind of stuff.

This book it's got significant wear, but nothing out of the ordinary just significant handling wear.

If there are consistent parts missing, wouldn’t the book fall in the PR or PRFR category?

I never thought possible for books to be in the FR to FRG categories with parts missing, but again, I am no expert. hm

if you do a search on ebay for 1.0s, you'll see that nearly if not all have some kind of note, cover detached, missing this and that, etc. I would wager that this book would not have any notes written to explain any issues. What are they going to write on the notes area on the slab, "significant wear."

cover detached would bring it down to a 3.0, then consider marvel chipping, spine split at the bottom, small pieces missing along spine the circle tear by the shoes on the back cover where the piece must be still attached only by the force of a jedi knight, the tear on front cover above The Thing. the small tears along this edge on the front cover. the multiple long creases on the front and back cover. the impact damage by spideys head, If you were to hold this book in one hand it would drop down in front of you like a damp dish cloth. with that said it looks complete and would make for a more affordable book for a major marvel key. (thumbs u

So that why I think it would grade 1.0, maybe 1.5 but no higher.

And Valliant grading with CGC and Overstreet in mind is the way to grade

Overstreet has been around with the grading definitions longer then CGC