• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The comic that has most influenced you?

63 posts in this topic

E.C. reprints by Gladstone Publishing, released in the early 1990s. Couldn't wait for the weekly trips to the grocery store. Bought em off the spinner rack.

I was about 11 or 12 at the time. I bought all the available reprints, but I was especially fond of the horror titles.

I really enjoyed the stories! It also got me into the comic shops, where I was drawn to the characters of Spawn and Ghost Rider.

My first time picking up a Frank Miller Daredevil comic. Growing up in a gritty part of New York without a Dad made me instantly relate to the character and his writing introduced me to the joy of reading great comics. I still walk around Hell's Kitchen and think about Miller's backdrop (even though it is way safer now) and how NY was a brilliant character in its own right.