• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Favorite Art,Drawing or story by Rob Liefeld?
1 1

890 posts in this topic

They should all thank Todd McFarlane every day of their working lives.

Keep in mind that McFarlane, although better, lacks greatly in terms of anatomy et al. – he always compensated with the composition, but many things, as much "pleasing" they may look, they are still embarassing (including many Peter and MJ faces, honestly).

The "Spider-Man" series is really bad, at least the first issues. Probably on Spawn got better and better, but I did not follow him afterwards.

Yes, but if you go back and look at the origins of McFarlane's work (especially Infinity Inc), you can see he made a real effort to at least try and learn the basics. It's what got him into the business. Very 'Comic Book Drawing 101' type stuff and very interesting to see.

They should all thank Todd McFarlane every day of their working lives.

Keep in mind that McFarlane, although better, lacks greatly in terms of anatomy et al. he always compensated with the composition, but many things, as much "pleasing" they may look, they are still embarassing (including many Peter and MJ faces, honestly).

The "Spider-Man" series is really bad, at least the first issues. Probably on Spawn got better and better, but I did not follow him afterwards.

Yes, but if you go back and look at the origins of McFarlane's work (especially Infinity Inc), you can see he made a real effort to at least try and learn the basics. It's what got him into the business. Very 'Comic Book Drawing 101' type stuff and very interesting to see.

You can ABSOLUTELY see Kirby and Smith's influence on McFarlane in his Infinity run (a run which does not get the love it deserves, by the way.)

McFarlane knew the rules, and showed it, over a period of several years.

I never got into McFarlane's work - I neither liked it, nor disliked it. I remember reading Spawn and being into the book, but I don't have nostalgic feelings about the work like I have with other 90's titles.

I started collecting comics with issue 260 of ASM. That was a pretty cool Hobgoblin appearance. So was 261. For the next three years, if it wasn't a Hobgoblin appearance, it was a pretty forgettable comic for the most part (Kraven's Last Hunt being a big exception).

So when McFarlane started on ASM, I was thrilled. He was a huge improvement over the completely forgettable stuff that proceeded him on the ASM run.

I never got into McFarlane's work - I neither liked it, nor disliked it. I remember reading Spawn and being into the book, but I don't have nostalgic feelings about the work like I have with other 90's titles.

this thread devolved into people bashing one specific artist they all enjoy gangraping - on a thread that was intended to discuss his best work.

I don't believe there is such thing as the "best work" of Rob Liefeld. That's a little like trying to discuss Paris Hilton's "best song".

+1

I started collecting comics with issue 260 of ASM. That was a pretty cool Hobgoblin appearance. So was 261. For the next three years, if it wasn't a Hobgoblin appearance, it was a pretty forgettable comic for the most part (Kraven's Last Hunt being a big exception).

So when McFarlane started on ASM, I was thrilled. He was a huge improvement over the completely forgettable stuff that proceeded him on the ASM run.

McFarlane drove me off the Hulk and ASM.

The thing that gets me is the laziness. If you can't draw feet, learn to draw feet. Sure it's hard but it's doable-you just have to put in the effort. Sure I'm just a fan creator but-I can draw feet!

The thing that gets me is the laziness. If you can't draw feet, learn to draw feet. Sure it's hard but it's doable-you just have to put in the effort. Sure I'm just a fan creator but-I can draw feet!
Let's see some feet.

Let's see some feet.

monkeyshines

Sean Phillips draws great feet and everything correcto