• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommend Local Comics!

1 post in this topic

We all have local comic book writers and artists who aren't in Diamond or in comic shops. The guys you see at your local cons and maybe try out one of their books.

This is a place to recommend local comic book writers and artists or specific books from your area that people might not know about or just any really unknown indie comics.

I'll start off.

As You Were Volumes 1 - 3: These are great black and white anthologies about punk and hardcore music. They are released by Mitch Clem at Silver Sprocket comics and are some of my favorite books. The first volume focuses on house shows and the second volume focuses on mosh pits. Silver Sprocket Store

Anything by Ben Snakepit: Ben Snakepit is an Austin guy who writes really fun auto-bio comics. Really cool guy and a lot of punk/hardcore stuff in these. You can find his stuff from Silver Sprocket or from Birdcage Bottom Books. Birdcage Bottom Books

Nothing Nice to Say by Mitch Clem: Another Silver Sprocket book, but I absolutely love this collection of strips by Mitch Clem. Just really fun stuff. Mitch Clem also does really cool, drawn Top 5 Lists on his website.

Nothing Mattress by Brian Connolly: Two volumes and a mini-comic of this so far and all really good. I really love Brian's art style and he is a super nice guy to talk to at conventions. http://nothingmattress.tumblr.com/

Latex Avenger and Masters of the Obvious by Dan Price and Bonne Adame: One of my favorite things about going to conventions in Austin is picking up new books by Dan Price. I always loved Latex Avenger and he really upped his game with Masters of the Obvious. https://www.facebook.com/MastersOfTheObvious