• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw AS2 last night in 3D and................

37 posts in this topic

it had to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen!

What was Marvel and Sony thinking when they viewed this garbage!

AG and ES were awful as PP and GS. Never once did I "get the feeling" of their relationship in this movie as there were no scenes showing any sort of "love". I have no idea why anyone "sees" chemistry there.

AG looked he was going to a costume party as Spider-Man with his non-muscular physique. How sad.....

The scenes showing GS's father were terribly bizarre.

Sally Field was awful as Aunt May and her acting made her appearance in "Smokey and the Bandit" Oscar-worthy. The worst casting job I can remember since the Phantom Menace.

None of these characters made me feel like they were human.

There was no continuity to any of the scenes. It was like they just put them together to fill up time.

"Electro" made no sense. Why was he so "made" at SM and how did he change from a wimpish nerd to a tough-talking thug over night..??

This movie sucked the big one and, on a good day, it was slightly better than the Saturday morning Shazam and Isis half hour shows 30 years ago!!

My son(he's 24) kept turning to me to say how bad the movie was and I couldn't help but agree with him..................

This might have fit into one of the other two threads currently running on ASM 2.

Why do you have to be so condescending? Comcasthawk is free to have his own thread about his opinion of ASM 2. In fact, because Mysterio was so mean, they should change the name of this forum from Comics General to Comcasthawk's Fun Zone...and you can all thank Mysterio because he just HAD to share his opinion.

Thanks Mysterio!

:P

I don't understand why you would waste your time going to this in the first place - all of the Spider-Man movies have been carp - why would you think they would break the tradition?

I'm going to go see it regardless of whether its awesome or amazing, because its the genre of film that I enjoy most. If you can enjoy the that comes out in the comics, I don't see why anybody wouldn't enjoy the awesome that are the movies.

They were all carp, so I will wait until a good one comes along.

This might have fit into one of the other two threads currently running on ASM 2.

Why do you have to be so condescending? Comcasthawk is free to have his own thread about his opinion of ASM 2. In fact, because Mysterio was so mean, they should change the name of this forum from Comics General to Comcasthawk's Fun Zone...and you can all thank Mysterio because he just HAD to share his opinion.

Thanks Mysterio!

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

Thanks Mysterio!

There are about 580 posts, give or take, in the other two threads combined. How many separate threads do you think they would have generated if everyone felt the need to have their own thread for their opinion? Would you like to see anything else on the first 3 pages of CG besides ASM 2 threads?

I guess you'll be starting your own threads every time you have an opinion that might fit into another discussion. I'll look forward to seeing those. (thumbs u

it's bad, there is barely a plot...the fanboys will still defend it though

i'm happy for them in a way because i was the same with Man of Steel, i could see the flaws but look past them

it had to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen!

What was Marvel and Sony thinking when they viewed this garbage!

AG and ES were awful as PP and GS. Never once did I "get the feeling" of their relationship in this movie as there were no scenes showing any sort of "love". I have no idea why anyone "sees" chemistry there.

AG looked he was going to a costume party as Spider-Man with his non-muscular physique. How sad.....

The scenes showing GS's father were terribly bizarre.

Sally Field was awful as Aunt May and her acting made her appearance in "Smokey and the Bandit" Oscar-worthy. The worst casting job I can remember since the Phantom Menace.

None of these characters made me feel like they were human.

There was no continuity to any of the scenes. It was like they just put them together to fill up time.

"Electro" made no sense. Why was he so "made" at SM and how did he change from a wimpish nerd to a tough-talking thug over night..??

This movie sucked the big one and, on a good day, it was slightly better than the Saturday morning Shazam and Isis half hour shows 30 years ago!!

My son(he's 24) kept turning to me to say how bad the movie was and I couldn't help but agree with him..................

Maybe dying by electrocution and then coming back to life had a little something to do with his change? (shrug)

I thought the movie was entertaining. Of course there were things that could have been better, but that's everything, isn't it?

I'm going to go see it regardless of whether its awesome or amazing, because its the genre of film that I enjoy most. If you can enjoy the that comes out in the comics, I don't see why anybody wouldn't enjoy the awesome that are the movies.

Because they take a classic story and a classic villain and then

them

They didn't do that in the comics

them

What comic book movie hasn't altered classic storylines?

I actually felt like I was reading ASM 121 at the end there.

Comcasthawk, perhaps next time you wouldn't feel so bad about the movie if you had just seen it in its regular format instead of 3D. Who wastes money on 3D anymore anyways. I don't know, maybe its something about paying $14-18 for a ticket and another $18 for a large soda and popcorn that sets our level of expectation super high or maybe its just difficult to see the actor's chemistry and the plot behind those clunky annoying 3D glasses causing objects to appear closer than they are.

I went in with super low expectations and caught the Saturday morning matinee showing regular format for $6.50 and not only was I surprised at how well I enjoyed it but I could really FEEL the chemistry from my 8th row middle seat. I still have issues with the movie but liked it more than the first.

them

I left my wife because I didn't live up to her expectations. I hate people with expectations, I'm sorry everything can't be the way you envision it.

them

I left my wife because I didn't live up to her expectations. I hate people with expectations, I'm sorry everything can't be the way you envision it.

When I grew up in the depression era of comics, you know the 90's haha, I only dreamed of seeing classic comic panels on the silver screen.

Since 2000 every summer is a reality of superhero movie fun! Yea some stink, but the majority are just great to see!

Seeing ASM 121 on screen exceeded my expectations!

I think a lot of us tend to forget that most comics book characters and stories were intended for kids imaginations so when the 45+ OP writes a review on how he didn't feel the love connection between two teenagers I just kinda think that is weird.

Have you read ASM 121? Seriously? You keep mentioning seeing it on the screen, but outside of 2-3 minutes of the movie, there was nothing remotely like ASM 121 on the screen.

I'm sitting here looking at that very issue and the movie didn't even come close to capturing this story on the screen.

them

When I grew up in the depression era of comics, you know the 90's haha, I only dreamed of seeing classic comic panels on the silver screen.

Since 2000 every summer is a reality of superhero movie fun! Yea some stink, but the majority are just great to see!

I think a lot of us tend to forget that most comics book characters and stories were intended for kids imaginations so when the 45+ OP writes a review on how he didn't feel the love connection between two teenagers I just kinda think that is weird.

Have you read ASM 121? Seriously? You keep mentioning seeing it on the screen, but outside of 2-3 minutes of the movie, there was nothing remotely like ASM 121 on the screen.

The only part that matters from that issue yes.......death and snapping of her neck

I think everyone wants to open issues of comics and see 100% panel to panel the sequence on the silver screen.

No comic book movie I have ever seen did that yet.

All comics are guides for the movies to take bits and pieces from.

I love the Nolan Batman movies but doing a Batman movie right with juggling realistic type villains is easy compared to X-men or Spider-man.