• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent CL Find

3 posts in this topic

Answered a CL ad asking for offers on 4,000 - 6,000 comics (3 hours from me). No other info in ad. Replied asking how could anyone make a remotely informed offer when (a) there is a 2,000 book differential and (b) there is no info on what the books are. He promptly replied saying he hadn't counted but there were 14 longs, 8 shorts and two tubs (yikes) with stuff from the 50s to 90s. Not his collection, rather he was at one point a would be comic book dealer but never found the time or had the patience to look stuff up and price individual books for re-sale. Made an offer sight unseen and agreed to meet halfway to exchange. Got the books and went through them the next day. A true Franken-collection of drek from various eras. Nothing great and was just hoping to recoup and maybe make a $1 or two. Picked enough for two shorts worth of decent eBay fodder (high grade Secret Wars set, Crisis set, Transformers 1-20, and others. Sold $50 of oddball stuff to a dealer friend, flipped he rest to a local collector w/in a week and kept two shorts. The original seller texted and told me he forgot a box at his house. I said probably not worth the $ to ship and certainly not the gas to meet, but LMK what's there. He said mostly New Mutants (no keys) and some random stuff with a few .12 centers. I said ok go ahead and ship. Got the box yesterday and along with more drek, was a nice upper grade Avengers 22, Neal Adams Jerry Lewis, and this. Not the E. Church find, but still cool. Just glad I didn't pass on the extra box!

9AmdVPPl.jpg

It's over in the PGM as well.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7669012#Post7669012