• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fleischer Superman Cartoons at Target for a buck

6 posts in this topic

I just went to Target to do a little shopping. I was surprised to see that near the front of the store they have a little section where everything is a buck, including a big assortment of new DVDs. Mostly consisting of old TV shows like Van Dyke and The Beverly Hillbillies. Anyway, they also had a few cartoons including two different volumes of Fleischer's Superman cartoons, each with eight full-length episodes in color. Hey, who can complain about a Fleischer Superman cartoon for 12.5 cents?

Anyway, if interested, go check out your local Target store to see if they have any more. I bought three of each volume.

653873-Supes.jpg

653873-Supes.jpg.41b1bc05aef0f26fb97e74255cf7a745.jpg

I just went to Target to do a little shopping. I was surprised to see that near the front of the store they have a little section where everything is a buck, including a big assortment of new DVDs. Mostly consisting of old TV shows like Van Dyke and The Beverly Hillbillies. Anyway, they also had a few cartoons including two different volumes of Fleischer's Superman cartoons, each with eight full-length episodes in color. Hey, who can complain about a Fleischer Superman cartoon for 12.5 cents?

Anyway, if interested, go check out your local Target store to see if they have any more. I bought three of each volume.

653873-Supes.jpg

That's money well spent ! Some incredible animation in those cartoons ! thumbsup2.gif

And the quality isn't too bad. The menu system is [#@$%!!!], but for a buck, come on! The have a Popeye one too, but only one cartoon on there is a Fleischer. But still, for a dollar.

Anyone know where I can get a nice DVD with all the Fleischer Popeye 2 reelers?

I purchased Volume #1 at Duane Reade in NYC for $2.00 yesterday (it was distributed by a different company).

As an interesting side note, I looked over the entire package and CD and there is no reference to DC comics or Time Warner. It would seem that these cartoons are no longer Copyright or Trademark protected. Seems any tom or harry can burn these and sell them for a few pennies each. At $.17 per CD duplication cost, someone (other than our friends at DC) will be able to make some nice pocket change here.

Imagine if all the Golden Age DCs were not still under Trademark protection? Folks could ripoff DC and sell the content for pennies. It may be that this happens down the road. Sad for DC, but good for the casual fan.