• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just watched Man of Steel again...

209 posts in this topic

I saw man of steel in the Theater and was overall disappointed, mostly with the 2nd act. However I just watched it again and have to say the the first hour of this movie was fantastic.

The second half, starting with the spaceship scene and is so over run with over the top fight scenes and fx totally ruined the film for me.

Any body else given it a second or third viewing and found the same or opposite?

Me! Disappointed in the theatres , went back for a second viewing as I had to give it a second chance and came out of there loving it, Went back for a third and fourth on In Demand later in the year.

A cheap, mean-spirited wallow in sadism that turns Superman into Flying Batman. There are worse super-hero movies, but probably none that I hated as much as this one. Others are just innocuously awful. This was a miserable, spirit-crushing experience from start to finish.

Didn't see it until blu ray. I was really curious what I'd think after seeing so many unfavorable comments outside spoiler threads. I don't read newer Comic Books, so any changes to the continuity I was last aware of that this movie may have reflected were new to me.

I liked the film the first time i saw it :D

It definitely was spirit-crushing and had none of the wonder of the original movie.....

So tired of Hollywood's obsession with angst....

Guest Grails

I'm filled with nostalgia over the original Superman movie like many other GenXers. My age at that time and all that was going on. But that is not the Superman movie I want to see today. While I wasn't impressed with the story in Man of Steel, I was completely satisfied in the fact that they delivered a comic book battle on screen that I always dreamed of seeing. Superman will never capture my wonder again because I'm not eight-years-old. Man of Steel is a great start though.

I think imo it's the best super hero fight scene ever, the power zod and superman show Its insane. Especially the part where zod grabs superman's cape and literally throws him 5 blocks is what I have been waiting for. Just how powerful was superman, well he showcased his strength in that movie. Movie was great I'm happy they redid the original , to show case what a super hero / villain is capable of

The fight scene was great and realistic it's just too bad the story didn't match it for effectiveness.

Ps 'Chronicle' sucked but what did you think of that super fight scene? I thought it was incredibly realistic.

I enjoyed it much more initially because I was just so excited to have Superman back on the big screen but after watching it a second time the flaws started to pile up. I've went back to it a couple of times since then and now I always start from the point where Superman emerges from the spaceship for the first time in full costume and attempts to fly. From there I watch until until he takes on the the "Terraforming" machine and skip that entire fight sequence to the point where Faora makes an attempt take down the cargo plane. For me, skipping most of the beginning, which I found to be sort of boring and tedious and a little bit of the ending with the Transformers-like fight sequence, makes the movie much more enjoyable.

P.S. I'm still not a fan of the obnoxious product placement but they did receive a very large sum for it apparently (160 million+) so I can't blame them.

A cheap, mean-spirited wallow in sadism that turns Superman into Flying Batman. There are worse super-hero movies, but probably none that I hated as much as this one. Others are just innocuously awful. This was a miserable, spirit-crushing experience from start to finish.

I am quoting this just for the joy of quoting it. I don't necessarily even agree with it, but it's a good read nonetheless.

I saw man of steel in the Theater and was overall disappointed, mostly with the 2nd act. However I just watched it again and have to say the the first hour of this movie was fantastic.

The second half, starting with the spaceship scene and is so over run with over the top fight scenes and fx totally ruined the film for me.

Any body else given it a second or third viewing and found the same or opposite?

No need to change my opinion since the 1st time around showed the greatest Superman movie of all time. (shrug)

MOS top to bottom was a true cinema masterpiece.

Christoper Reeve Superman blu rays were thrown in the trash when I got home last summer.

It definitely was spirit-crushing and had none of the wonder of the original movie.....

The originals were absolute trash.

I was a stupid kid to think those campy POS movies were actually entertaining back in the day.

I don't blame Reeve it wasn't his fault for giving the golly G loser dork audience what they wanted.

Thankfully my generation produced a realistic Superman that makes sense. (thumbs u

I was a stupid kid to think those campy POS movies were actually entertaining back in the day.

I don't blame Reeve it wasn't his fault for giving the golly G loser dork audience what they wanted.

Thankfully my generation produced a realistic Superman that makes sense. (thumbs u

I sense a lot of anger here almost like a jilted lover or something

I sense a lot of anger here almost like a jilted lover or something

Just want to point out how lame every Superman movie was until Henry Cavill came along.

Any reason anyone has in not enjoying this movie is absurd unless they universally do not enjoy any Superman movie yet to date..

If anyone didn't like MOS then I want to hear even worse bashing then for Superman I or II then with Reeve.