• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's happening with 2nd & 3rd tier Marvel character comic prices?

11 posts in this topic

I've been out of the loop for a while. I just checked Ebay for the first time in a couple years today and noticed that prices for Iron Fist, Nova, Hero for Hire and others seem to be skyrocketing. What happened?

I was picking some of these books out of the dollar bins just a few years ago. Honestly, as much as I love Iron Fist and thought I would never sell any of my copies, it's tough when you see a book you bought for $10 - $12 selling for over $200 on Ebay. Again, what happened? Is it simply TV show or potential movie hype?

I've been out of the loop for a while. I just checked Ebay for the first time in a couple years today and noticed that prices for Iron Fist, Nova, Hero for Hire and others seem to be skyrocketing. What happened?

I was picking some of these books out of the dollar bins just a few years ago. Honestly, as much as I love Iron Fist and thought I would never sell any of my copies, it's tough when you see a book you bought for $10 - $12 selling for over $200 on Ebay. Again, what happened? Is it simply TV show or potential movie hype?

Hey, dude! Good to see you! How's life been treating you? :)

:hi:

Speculation.

Hollywood happened...

Not too bad, how about you? I'm back in school (night & internet classes) working on getting a Computer Science degree. I'm actually studying for one of my finals right now.

90% of it is movie and TV hype, Another thing that I believe is happening with me and I'm sure others is there are so many books going out of the affordable price range that people are trying to track down first appearances of other characters they like and in turn is driving those up as well.

When I had to really pay up for a high grade first appearance it hurt a little so, Now I'm trying to get in before the huge price jump.

Speculation.

That's some pretty pricey speculation.

Comic are the new hot thing for people with money. They moved from the muscle car market to the housing market. Now that the jacked those up they decided comic are the new thing.

Not too bad, how about you? I'm back in school (night & internet classes) working on getting a Computer Science degree. I'm actually studying for one of my finals right now.

Excellent! It's good to see you around here again...it's been too long. :)

Excellent! It's good to see you around here again...it's been too long. :)

Thanks! I hope to be able to post a little more regularly again. A lot has happened over the last couple years, not all good, but things are getting better. Most people have the same or similar story.

I'm still all over the board in terms of collecting. I don't know if I'll ever be able to have just a single collecting focus. One day I'm collecting Casper & Popeye, the next day I'm picking up copies of Fantagor or a Pre-Code Horror comic and then the next day I'm buying a stack of Superman Family.

A few days after that I think, "what did I buy all that for? I just need to sell everything."

Didn't we used to have a collector's anonymous thread? I think I need to find that thread.

I think this is pretty much only applicable to the #1s/1st apps in these titles.

I wish generic issues of Nova, H for H and Iron Fist were selling for big money, I wouldn't be broke