• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did this guy even try? Slab Shipping Fail

62 posts in this topic

I filled out the paperwork to return a slab because of the "puddling" on the back.

$5 - Handling Fee

$12 - Reholdering Fee

$12 - Shipping to CGC

$29 - Shipping from CGC

$58

Jeebuz! If that packaging got any more primitive it would've been delivered by catapulting carrier pigeons!

:tonofbricks:

Or wrap it in a newspaper and put a shipping label on it. :facepalm:

Jeebuz! If that packaging got any more primitive it would've been delivered by catapulting carrier pigeons!

Why wrap it at all? We had 3 or 4 slabs out with just mailing labels, remember? I found out that a slab by itself will easily fit into a standard mailbox because of that little experiment.

Ah, good times... good times...

-slym

I think someone around here received a package of books with a cut up cereal box taped around it.

Now That's Choice!

(worship)

I don't know...the guy did use TWO exclamation points. I mean, if he'd just used one? Sure, then he didn't care. But he took the time to put a second one on there. To me, that reeks of quality packaging. :-)

Sorry that happened to you, in all seriousness!

A thoughtless seller, sorry.

The last slab I got from HA had a cross sectional crack, one side to the other. By the way, I thought a boardie sent a slab through the mail with address affixed to the slab.

Just have Stan Lee sign the slab and everything will be fine

I think someone around here received a package of books with a cut up cereal box taped around it.

Now That's Choice!

(worship)

I seem to remember something like that. It was several years ago I think. BUTM might have it somewhere.

Has ANYONE ever just put a stamp on a cheap slap and shipped it like that. I'm sooooo curious to do it with one of my meh books just to see what it looks like on arrival! :D

Is a cheap slap anything like a person_without_enough_empathy slap?

I seem to remember something like that. It was several years ago I think. BUTM might have it somewhere.

I do have it. If anyone wants it, PM an address to send it to.

Has ANYONE ever just put a stamp on a cheap slap and shipped it like that. I'm sooooo curious to do it with one of my meh books just to see what it looks like on arrival! :D

Stamps and a stick-on delivery confirmation number. Again, I found out a slab will fit into a standard mailbox this way.

:lol:

I need to find that thread...

-slym

Find it!! :banana:

I can't wait to see. It makes me :D thinking about someone doing that. Is there anymore of a doh! move than terrible shipping. Putting a stamp and shipping label on a slab and letting it ride is just amazing! (:

Lets start a new one Harvey! Send me a slab like that and I will send it to Slym that way it goes Northeast to the far west to the Southeast.

I filled out the paperwork to return a slab because of the "puddling" on the back.

$5 - Handling Fee

$12 - Reholdering Fee

$12 - Shipping to CGC

$29 - Shipping from CGC

$58

You can cut that a bit actually.

If you send via 1st class mail, in a box, you can send it to CGC for about $6. Return shipping can be as low as $10 if you use CGC's UPS return shipping.

So you could do it all for about $33.00

Personally, I wait until I have at least 5 slabs that I need to reholder. That will save on the shipping costs.

I do have it. If anyone wants it, PM an address to send it to.

(worship)