• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - THE HATE MONGER! FF21 - GRADE IS IN - DAMN!!!

23 posts in this topic

picked this up on the boards, has been cleaned and pressed, my friend and I disagreed on the grade so that's where you come in. There is a small tear on the back cover.

Thoughts?

thanks as always PGM crew

grade

8.5 W

comics100_zps1222510d.jpegcomics101_zps9a589fb2.jpeg

Pretty nice, miswrap, tear on back 7.0/7.5

The mis-wrap is irrelevant to the grade. I otherwise agree. It's a solid 8.0 on presentation, but you need to account for the tear. 7.5 (Again, though I wouldn't be surprised if it graded 8.0 in hand). Many things could override the knee-jerk deduction for a small tear. :grin:

That tear is unfortunate. I didn't think it would get hit that hard but I guess I'm biased because it's my book.

I'll send it in to see what it gets.

Thanks!

Pretty nice, miswrap, tear on back 7.0/7.5

The mis-wrap is irrelevant to the grade. I otherwise agree. It's a solid 8.0 on presentation, but you need to account for the tear. 7.5 (Again, though I wouldn't be surprised if it graded 8.0 in hand). Many things could override the knee-jerk deduction for a small tear. :grin:

That's a good question Divad, does CGC lower the grade for the miswrap, and would it cause you to offer less for a comic that is miswrapped?

I am influenced because I know the stated grade, so I can’t give an unbiased opinion, but still when Hector showed it to me I thought it was a gorgeous copy.

Maybe I would have said 7.5, but looking at it I agree on a 8.0, I think it is unlikely such a book would be graded below.

As per Scturo’s question, here’s the visual response:

IJnGpVQh.jpg

Personally I don’t like miswraps but the miswrap on Hector's #21 is not so annoying, so a cool copy nonetheless. Maybe I should reconsider your offer, Hector! lol

It’s not mine – I would not even buy that under a death treat! lol

As far as miswraps go, I am as much the same as you, I was referring to Hec’s copy of #21. :)

Personally, about that FF #67, I would consider it no better than a VGF, even if it’s NM without the defect.

miswrap is a procudtion defect, like printing creases and do not effect the grade.

We all know that, but I was not talking about technical grade, rather about what I don’t like. Production creases are annoying but to a minimal degree – that 9.4 is ugly.

Hey Hector -

Are the scans at the top after the press/clean or before?

after the press/clean

the original book had a huge grease pencil mark on the front (need to find the pics)

picked this up on the boards, has been cleaned and pressed, my friend and I disagreed on the grade so that's where you come in. There is a small tear on the back cover.

Thoughts?

grade

8.5 W

Was gonna guess 6.5 before peeking at spoiler tag....

:o

Holy sheets!!!

No wonder I did so well in the grading contest.

:roflmao:

Thoughts?

grade

8.5 W

Was gonna guess 6.5 before peeking at spoiler tag....

:o

Holy sheets!!!

No wonder I did so well in the grading contest.

:roflmao:

another instance of FC grading only to speed along TAT's?