• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I believe I've lost a comic book...

62 posts in this topic

It was here the other night, and now I can't find it anywhere.

This is extremely frustrating...I've been going through every pile of books and it's nowhere to be found.

Anyone have this happen? I'm not talking about "over time" you can't remember where a comic is...I'm talking about this morning realizing it's missing and the night before last it was in my hands. The last time I shipped comics was the night *before* that, so it's not like I accidentally packed it with someone else's books and sent it out somewhere.

I'm really a insufficiently_thoughtful_person sometimes, and that stresses me the hell out.

Peace,

Chip

Yes... Found it two years later behind another comic in a bag and board. I have no idea how that happened.

Yes I have done that.

It happens with comic books, bags and boards, box lids, boxes, etc.

A similiar situation:

I have seen where a book was sold at a local convention, the payment was received then at the end of the show day the book is found laying on a table of your booth.

My partner says "I could have sworn I sold that", but he isn't certain ( you see/deal with over a hundred people in a single day at a local con ).

If it did sell, the buyer didn't take the book, but then why would we just leave it laying on a table? We would have put it back on the wall display where it came from if it didn't sell. So it must have sold, and the buyer left it behind.

Over the 4 day show you hope the guy returns, but he doesn't. No idea who he is.

(shrug)

It will show up ;)

I just found one of Paul's books that I owed him over two years later lol

I love Paul :cloud9:

xxx ooo

Rupp

It's still listed in your Recap. :baiting:

I not only found one... but TWO ;)

IMG_20140510_122422_718_zps008496a1.jpg

Check the boxes of books that you were looking at, (sometimes I accidentally have placed a book in the wrong box by picking up a stack and a book was on the bottom)

Check behind cabnets/desk.( I have had books slide behind my desk and bookcase)

Good luck, you will find it eventually.

This is extremely frustrating...I've been going through every pile of books and it's nowhere to be found.

Anyone have this happen? I'm not talking about "over time" you can't remember where a comic is...I'm talking about this morning realizing it's missing and the night before last it was in my hands. The last time I shipped comics was the night *before* that, so it's not like I accidentally packed it with someone else's books and sent it out somewhere.

I'm really a insufficiently_thoughtful_person sometimes, and that stresses me the hell out.

Peace,

Chip

Yup. I lost a high grade ASM a few years ago. Left it sitting vertically between two long boxes for about 6 months and then it just turned up one day. As soon as I found it I remembered placing it there 6 months prior.

I currently have 2 x 3-4 figure books hiding somewhere in the house. No idea where they are currently but I'm sure they'll turn up one day.

:tonofbricks:

FOUND IT.

For some reason it was un-bagged and in a pile of books I had just scanned for eBay but hadn't yet graded and re-bagged. I remembered un-bagging it to put it into a mylar because I'd just sold it, yet I don't remember it being near that pile at all (the scanned pile is on the table across the room from my desk). *whew*

Not that it was a ton of cash, but every cent counts in this household and it pisses off my OCD when I misplace something.

Now to find that Marvel Feature #11 I acquired the other day that I can't seem to locate...

Peace,

Chip

Peace,

Chip

Okay, this is weird. I was just going to start a thread titled, "I believe I've found a comic book..." :o

Have you noticed any spatial anomalies floating around your home?

But seriously, if you want to find a certain book and can't, just look for a different book. You'll probably wind up tripping over the first one you were looking for. It works for me.

That's how I found four books I promised to sell to one of our most respected "veteran" boardies, only to discover later that I couldn't find them. I know I'd seen them while setting up the sale I ran at the time. They weren't part of the sale, but he inquired about them via PM after claiming a sale book. I said I had them and agreed to sell them after he saw the scans and made an offer. He paid so quickly, I hadn't yet had time to not find the books lol . I felt horrible, and feared I looked like one of those stinky "seller's remorse" types. I looked EVERYWHERE and I know I had already looked several times in the box where I finally found them. Obviously I refunded the $$$ and promised to notify him if I ever found them (again fearing how empty that promised must have appeared). He was great, though. Truly understanding. (worship)

18 days later, after looking for another book to throw into a future sale, there they were. lol And I was able to make good on my promise 23_30_1201.gif

Yes I have done that.

It happens with comic books, bags and boards, box lids, boxes, etc.

A similiar situation:

I have seen where a book was sold at a local convention, the payment was received then at the end of the show day the book is found laying on a table of your booth.

My partner says "I could have sworn I sold that", but he isn't certain ( you see/deal with over a hundred people in a single day at a local con ).

If it did sell, the buyer didn't take the book, but then why would we just leave it laying on a table? We would have put it back on the wall display where it came from if it didn't sell. So it must have sold, and the buyer left it behind.

Over the 4 day show you hope the guy returns, but he doesn't. No idea who he is.

(shrug)

Oh, hey. That was me. You can send it along any time.

:jokealert: