• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looked at a large Copper collection (3,000 books) this morning...

103 posts in this topic

The guy messaged me just now and said he'd take $560 for what was left...over 2,800 books. Basically 20 cents each if I bought them all. I'd just hate to get stuck with all that mess and it would take forever and a lot of work to turn a profit on it all. I offered him $250 and he declined. I offered him 50 cents a book if I could purchase 400 or so books and he declined.

Oh well...

Peace,

Chip

Unless you have the room, time and the money, I'd walk away. Wait for the next one.

i, of course write "please do not bend or crush" or something along those lines which always guarantees they'll be extra careful....

lol

Those words are pretty much a guarantee the book will be bent or a corner or two crushed.

I say "please" and sometimes put a smiley face on there along with a "thanks". as my return address has my wife's name on it maybe the post office folks think they're being nice to a lady's packages and not some fat middle aged guy's? maybe i should put a kitty or heart sticker on there too? i think someone would have told me over the years if the packages get mangled.

i, of course write "please do not bend or crush" or something along those lines which always guarantees they'll be extra careful....

lol

Those words are pretty much a guarantee the book will be bent or a corner or two crushed.

I say "please" and sometimes put a smiley face on there along with a "thanks". as my return address has my wife's name on it maybe the post office folks think they're being nice to a lady's packages and not some fat middle aged guy's? maybe i should put a kitty or heart sticker on there too? i think someone would have told me over the years if the packages get mangled.

Que the video of the FedEx guy tossing the flat screen over the fence . . . lol