• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looked at a large Copper collection (3,000 books) this morning...

103 posts in this topic

UPDATE - See latest posts. :)

Looking for a list of comics that you would consider "worth the effort to sell" just from the 2 years.

So far I have...

ASM #298,299,300,301,315,316

Wolverine #1,8,10

Hulk #340

X-Men #244,248

X-Factor #24

Captain America #360

Thor #411,412

Akira #35-38

Sandman #1, 8

Batman #426,427,428,429

Hellblazer #1

Action #1 Reprint

Killing Joke

Cry For Dawn #1

Caliber Presents #1

The Crow #1-3

Miracleman #15

TMNT (Archie) #1

Ghostbusters (Now) #1

Anything else...?

Peace,

Chip

What is "worth the effort"?

Something that's actually going to sell for an amount that is worth my time. I had a 9.4 raw ASM #302 go unsold for a whole week at a 99-cent opening bid on eBay, not once...but twice.

I think that any of the McSpidey's are solid, but especially the ones you listed. I'd definitely add 317 on there.

On separate occasions the above scenario repeated itself with an ASM #312 in 9.4 and an ASM #309 in 9.6.

Peace,

Chip

Cry For Dawn #1

Akira #1

Aliens #1

You have: Akira #35-38 (shrug)

End of run issues that have a much lower print run and routinely sell for over $20. #1 sells for less than $10 on average.

I didn't include any Aliens books because I've had a DHP #24 in 9.2 go unsold for two weeks at a 99-cent opening bid on eBay.

Noted on the Cry For Dawn #1. Thanks. :)

Peace,

Chip

What is "worth the effort"?

Something that's actually going to sell for an amount that is worth my time. I had a 9.4 raw ASM #302 go unsold for a whole week at a 99-cent opening bid on eBay, not once...but twice.

I think that any of the McSpidey's are solid, but especially the ones you listed. I'd definitely add 317 on there.

On separate occasions the above scenario repeated itself with an ASM #312 in 9.4 and an ASM #309 in 9.6.

Peace,

Chip

I find that a bit surprising. How high was your shipping?

Caliber Christmas has an early Crow appearance.

Xmen Days Future Past TPB

Any Cry for Dawn especially issue 5 but all of them sell for $10-20 minimum (in NM)

Detective 27 Oreo reprint

Action 1 reprint

TMNT cereal promos

Xmen 256

Hobbit 1-3 (deluxe)

Moebius Blueberry TPB came out in 1989

Tick 1

Daredevil 254

I'm going to assume you are rummaging through a collection from this time period. The most common from above are the Action 1 and Tec 27 reprints. Often there are multiples of those and they can be $20 books in higher grade. Others are tougher to come across or might only have 1 copy. Xmen 256 and DD 254 pretty common but not having multiple copies.

I was told a specific number and the person who told me (after speaking with him for a while) didn't really seem like a person who would specify such a thing unless it was an obvious fact. *shrug* It's really not THAT big of a deal...I just get bored and impatient waiting, so I created this thread. lol.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Peace,

Chip

Looking for a list of comics that you would consider "worth the effort to sell" just from the 2 years.

Uh, why? :insane:

He just bought a damaged time machine that can only travel back between Jan 1, 1988 and Dec 31, 1989 :insane:

I'm going to assume you are rummaging through a collection from this time period. The most common from above are the Action 1 and Tec 27 reprints. Often there are multiples of those and they can be $20 books in higher grade. Others are tougher to come across or might only have 1 copy. Xmen 256 and DD 254 pretty common but not having multiple copies.

Never rummage - buy them all. :sumo:lol

Just got back a little while ago.

The guy had over 3,000 comics, all uncirculated and unread. It was the perfect opportunity to strike gold...if only the issue numbers had been different. :(

For example, he had at least 100 copies of ROM #75, Iron Man #202, Elfquest (Marvel) #6, OHOTMU #1, Marvel Saga #1, etc. No key issues and nothing really of major (or minor) interest. He was an older gentleman (about 75 or so) and he had purchased all these from a storage unit auction many years ago. I felt bad for him, so I rounded up 200 issues and offered him $100. He accepted. I'll make some money so it wasn't a total loss...but when I think of the missed potential to finding 100 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #300 it makes me a little sad.

I've had some fantastic luck lately, so in the end I cannot complain and it was a good experience regardless. :)

Peace,

Chip

well, Rom 75 is like a $5-$10 book sometimes, or it was until someone dumps 100 copies on the interweb

hitting something like that is always tough. the collector in me says go ahead and buy a bunch if they are legit 9.8ish copies as they are now 25 years old....on the other hand, one might be stuck with 50 copies of Iron Man 202 for a long time regardless of how sharp they are