• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting credit for unpaid auctions on ebay

7 posts in this topic

I am sure this is simple and I just am missing something, but I can't figure out how to get a "Final Value Fee credit for returned item or uncompleted transaction" on ebay.

I have twice sold things that the buyer never paid for (the same CD, amazingly enough). I do the "Report an Unpaid Item Dispute" and put the transaction number in. Then a few days later the buyer says, "Opps, I am sorry, I will pay." I reply with my paypal address and of course they don't pay.

What do I do now? I see a checkmark under Eligible for credit? But I don't get the credit. I thought I would but the first time this happened it just thought it would get credited to my account, but after a month or so I got a "Closed: No FVF Granted" Time limit expired. So obviously there is something else I need to do, but I can't figure out what. I have read the form and I see nothing there for me to actually complete the dispute.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

Bob

I forgot the exact steps but you have to actually close the complaint.

Once you are eligible after the 7 days, there is an option that have numerous reasons and you have to select it.

One is something like "I don't want to wait anymore" or something like that. Once that is done, eBay will credit your fees.

Otherwise, they make the assumption that everything is fine. frustrated.gif

Bob,

The new set-up is counter-intuitive - You have to do almost the opposite of the logical to get a FVF credit, and you have to do 8 days after you file the NPB alert, but before 30 days from the date of sale - easy to faruke if you don't stay on top of it.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Okay, so I need to wait a few more days and go back to the Unpaid Dispute page and I will get some more options that will allow me to close the dispute so I can actually get the credit. Right? But if I wait to long I am SOL. I put the dispute in Nov 22, so should get the option to close this pretty soon, I assume.

Jeez, too bad they don't explain that at all. They just say "If you and the buyer have resolved the dispute" but they don't explain how one actually does that when the buyer is just jerking them around. Grrrrgh. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I waited a month for payment then put the Unpaid DIspute, but I only have 45 days from the end of the sale to get credit, so the buyer just has to keep promising payment and I wil get shafted again. Great system. I guess I should just give them a week or two and file it right away.

Thanks for the help guys.

Bob