• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redundantly Beautiful Bronze Beauties - Recap on page 20

428 posts in this topic

• 1st unqualified :takeit: or PM gets the book or books.

• Shipping in the U.S. is $12.00 for 1 slab.

• Raw books will be shipped USPS Priority mail at cost. (10 raw books to Canada is around $30. Ugh, I know.)

• No probation listers or Hall of Shamers.

• Boardies without long track records or unknown to me must provide solid references.

• Checks or money orders only. (PayPal is ok if I know you or you have plenty of references.)

• $20 minimum order.

• Raw books will be shipped USPS Priority mail at cost. (10 raw books to Canada is around $30. Ugh, I know.)

No threadkrap intended Barton, but is shipping Priority to Canada so costly?

I know I would have probably to charge as much from Italy, but I thought USA to Canada was cheaper. Canada’s postal rates are also still eluding me… :D

BTW, how much would be Priority USA-USA for a few raw books, exactly?

No threadkrap intended Barton, but is shipping Priority to Canada so costly?

I know I would have probably to charge as much from Italy, but I thought USA to Canada was cheaper. Canada’s postal rates are also still eluding me… :D

BTW, how much would be Priority USA-USA for a few raw books, exactly?

That's a good question. But a 12" x 9" x 2" box that weighs 2.5 pounds and is valued at $100 costs $30.66 to ship from the US to Canada.

http://ircalc.usps.com/?country=10054

USPS shipping in the states varies widely depending on how far it's going. A 2.5 pound 16x13x3" box can cost around $13 for NY to California. And the same box going to New Jersey can be around half that.

Thanks – I see now, you ship boxed only… that incides more on very few books purchases. I know there are the USPS envelopes which I don’t trust much either – I usually do my custom packages.

Problem for me is I either buy enough to have them shipped directly or I try to save as much as possible, as when doing cumulative shipments from the USA I will have to add the original shipping cost to the one of the friends which hold the books for me. (thumbs u

Thanks – I see now, you ship boxed only… that incides more on very few books purchases. I know there are the USPS envelopes which I don’t trust much either – I usually do my custom packages.

Problem for me is I either buy enough to have them shipped directly or I try to save as much as possible, as when doing cumulative shipments from the USA I will have to add the original shipping cost to the one of the friends which hold the books for me. (thumbs u

I think First Class mail instead of Priority Mail would be cheaper. But I don't know if it's trackable or insurable. Also, the USPS picks up Priority Mail in my building. Going to the post office to drop off 1st Class mail is hard for us car-free New Yorkers.

I think First Class mail instead of Priority Mail would be cheaper. But I don't know if it's trackable or insurable. Also, the USPS picks up Priority Mail in my building. Going to the post office to drop off 1st Class mail is hard for us car-free New Yorkers.

Very understandable, each one has a different situation. Before they reopened the central post office in my city it would have been a nightmare for me to sell by mail.

First Class has certain options which are trackable, I know because I use it 90% of the times to get the books from the USA. But as you have at least 30 books (bagged and boarded), surprisingly Priority becomes almost cheaper if you use a custom box (and not the USPS boxes).