• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Problem

84 posts in this topic

If a person has sent me a check on a book that has sold I email them.

I can either destroy it or mail it back.

I'm not just doing either of these without letting the customer know.

Again, they don't have to stop payment of the check.

Overkill to do that.

If a person has sent me a check on a book that has sold I email them.

I can either destroy it or mail it back.

I'm not just doing either of these without letting the customer know.

Again, they don't have to stop payment of the check.

Overkill to do that.

Having dealt with you in the past, I'd have no qualms trusting you on such a matter.

But if I didn't know for sure who I was dealing with or who (at a company with many employees) had my check, I'd be stopping payment.

What does it matter if Metropolis cashed the check?

Do any of you feel that they wouldn't refund the buyer?

Some of these posts border on being ridiculous.

What business reason would it be to cash the check and if it was deposited in error not return the money? Would they really jeopardize the business doing that?

What business reason would it be to cash the check and if it was deposited in error not return the money? Would they really jeopardize the business doing that?

It's $250.

Don't you think they would risk their multi-million dollar business to score a quick $250 :o

i never said they would, but the OP said iirc the check is MIA

bob would you not do anything if a $250 check went missing haveing no clue where it is......in todays world with theives everywhere

hell i've done it twice on a $300 lost in the mail, and another for 200-500 that the person lost while carrying it (why he waited a week to go to the bank i'll never understand)........i'll say it again never leave a check out there if you don't know where it is when missing

Did the OP say if they cashed the check or what ever happened to it?

And im sure the owner of said multi-million dollar business would not risk their company over a quick $250 score but the guy who works for him and thinks they are underpaid or is having some money problems might. In this day and age you never know if today is the day (that will never happen to me happens).

I haven't seen a post where Wally stated that Metro didn't get the check.

I have seem him state that there was a lack of communication.

I wouldn't say that equates to the check is MIA.

I have to remember that I'm dealing with a bunch of cranky senior citizens in this place. No more old age jokes.

Speed Kills Del

You have become the successor to sufunk and kav in the "I post like I'm high on amphetamines" category

Is that a nice way of saying he's annoying? :grin:

I was happier when I didn't know what he meant.

But thanks chuck, thanks for making it clear to me now.

I never pay stop payment fees. Waste of money. They are a thing of the past. Yes thee are many more cyber crooks today with tools older guys never dreamed of, but if you pay the fees on every lost check you will lose more money than letting them go.

I figure when a check doesn't get to where I sent it, there's still a low percentage chance that it landed in the hands of someone that both wants to cash it, and actually knows what to do to steal even more of your money by washing it etc.

I've written many checks for many years and can't even remember one that was cashed by mistake or by a thief.

Wally is not wrong at all in this situation.

Metro should make it up to him and pay for his cost to stop payment on the check.

Do the right thing Vincent.

I agree with Bob. Puttingba stop payment on a check was unnecessary in this cae IMO. I don't think there wa any risk.

Just an unfortunate situation that might have been handled better.

I have to remember that I'm dealing with a bunch of cranky senior citizens in this place. No more old age jokes.

Speed Kills Del

You have become the successor to sufunk and kav in the "I post like I'm high on amphetamines" category

Is that a nice way of saying he's annoying? :grin:

I only wish I could find a clip of Del on youtube. It would get the message across so much clearer.

However, I've been asked to stop, so I will.

Holy hells... Roy is drunk!

(:

-slym

Actually, I was stone cold sober. I was just typing on a mobile device while traveling and couldn't be bothered to fix the typos. That's a rare occurrence. lol

over the course of this thread metropolis has bought 15 collections with a total of 6 VF or better H for H 1s in them, the issue could have been resolved already!

Well, I had a boardee send me Vincent's email and said they had luck with sending him a message straight up.

I just sent him one addressing my issue.

I have had pm's pointing out numerous accounts where this has happened by Metro.

So I don't put a lot of stock in something happening about this.

Honestly it's been a long time since I had any dealing with Metro. 2007 was the last transaction - if I recall that purchase was a sour experience as well (and since there are so many other comic sellers I was like why even bother with them).

Another key detail about this book that lured me in was that it looked under graded.

It presented like a 9.0 or better which makes this tease of a deal even more frustrating.

Now I just wait I guess.

Wally is not wrong at all in this situation.

Metro should make it up to him and pay for his cost to stop payment on the check.

Do the right thing Vincent.

I agree with Bob. Puttingba stop payment on a check was unnecessary in this cae IMO. I don't think there wa any risk.

Just an unfortunate situation that might have been handled better.

Ok, my bad. Whatever the situation is with the check, the fact is Metro should have contacted Wally (the customer who sent them a check).

Not "might" have been handled better. It SHOULD have been handled better.

Either way, every business makes mistakes. It's how they handle it that's most important.