• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alone at Last

3 posts in this topic

Why did it take so long to get my own book?

It's weird to me to look back now and think that when I was a kid Iron Man and Captain America were kinda second banana heroes. Spider-Man and the X-universe seemed much more popular. What a difference a couple of half-billion dollar movies makes. Having said that Tales of Suspense #39 was still out of my price range and I was never a huge enough Iron Man fan to save up for one. I did eventually stumble onto this pretty nice copy of Iron Man #1 for a decent price. My estimate of 7.0 was dead on. This one did come back with one of those pesky bubbles on the back.

P.S. Isn't it weird to think all those years Iron Man and Cap were sharing a title?

15497.jpg

See more journals by Hepgwyn

I've never been a big Iron Man fan, but I gotta say I am really enjoying reading the old Tales of Suspense issues. I bought them for the Cap stories, but the Iron Man stories have been good too. Congrats on getting the expected grade!

sig.jpg

sig.jpg