• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This thread is : CLASSIFIED 3 !!

158 posts in this topic

Yes, I am still searching for something..... published on the pages of The Buyers Guide to Comic Fandom ....from the late 70's...(I think hm ) ..........and even though I haven't found it yet, there are so many other cool ads, funny ads and weird ads, I thought it was time to do another thread.

I begin with.... TBG #47 from 1973 with this cool Berni Wrightson cover (thumbs u

0022_zpsbd788df0.jpg

Awesome. I mean, that alone could be a Cannibal Corpse tee shirt.

Yea.... and check this out. On the right hand side, where it says ORIGINAL ART.... you could buy that art for a measly $45 :o

TBG471973OAcovers_zpsd0103090.jpg

Hmm, what's $45 in future money, er, I mean, adjusted for inflation? Probably still not too much.

lol The 'Mutt and Jeff' comic strips being sold on the lower left hand side reminds me of this:

tumblr_mscyshhUWh1qg0rnuo1_400.jpg

"I get it, they're gay!" -Bart. Or something along the lines of that. I need to go re-watch that episode lol

People today....with today's technology don't understand how important TBG was to the hobby. Now days there are 10,000 super fast ways to get information out there. Only problem is that there are 10,000 different places to see this info also. In the 70's and 80's.... TBG was THE main conduit for comic related information. Buy....Sell... Air a grievance..... or initiate a man hunt..... TBG was the place to do it :grin:

TBG471973classifiedsangry_zps1f20a22f.jpg

TBG471973classifiedsreward_zpsa5d21715.jpg