• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This thread is : CLASSIFIED 3 !!

158 posts in this topic

In 1981 I used to walk to the local collector shop that sold back issues. They got this paper every week and after they read it would sell it to me for a dime. I wish I would have kept all of them.

I have been trying to get these again and have a small stack already. it is great to read through the articles and see how much people were selling their comics for back then.

Here is the oldest one that I have.

100_1893_zpsd716d068.jpg

:applause: excellent story Gatchaman !! My subscription ran out in about 1981 so I guess I can say "I had one of those" (:

Hand written list...

:luhv:

-slym

Yea... and it's NEAT and LEGIBLE . Some ads look like chicken scratch and you have to be a certain kind of person to wade through deciphering those kind

My photobucket is working again..... and so I continue. Still searching for something..... when I find it.... I will probably shout and do flips :banana::whee:

First up today..... Archie :)

TBG158archies_zps0ddc07fa.jpg

Here's a lead for some of you OA guys..... it could be that there is some ORIGINAL KIRBY art..... somewhere in Puerto Rico (shrug) I dunno.....but it's possible hm

TBG158kirbypuertorico_zps0ff9d959.jpg

It may be irrational, but I've always HATED Howard the Duck. It was the first book I can remember thinking did not stand on its own merits, but had the media hype machine working at trying to convince people it was something great :facepalm:

TBG158howardtheduck_zpsb11d9180.jpg

TBG158howardduckjunk_zps6c02f533.jpg

Back in the '70's everybody who wanted to contributed to the hobby. It might cost you 50 cents to find out what they contributed but people contributed

TBG158marvelinfobook_zps786e5fe0.jpg

If whoever ran this classified in TBG #158 divulges what it is.... in #159 or #160 I will be sure to relay the information (cuz those two are up next) :popcorn:

TBG158timeofyourlife_zpsa2b92448.jpg

I can see kids asking their parents to take them to the "comic show" and the parents saying.... "Ok.... I'll take you if you get a haircut"

Two birds..... one stone :idea:

TBG158comicnahaircut_zps6f9158ab.jpg

TBG158mallshow_zpsf2fecb2f.jpg

If you weren't printing your own "ZINE".... you just weren't ..WITH IT !! :applause:

TBG158challengers_zps2e2c18b8.jpg

TBG158buxom_zpsc54b66b1.jpg

TBG158zine_zps303db398.jpg

TBG158erb-dom_zpsc968badf.jpg

TBG158corrigan_zpsf14d5038.jpg

TBG158contrast_zps31f6a0be.jpg

TBG158buxom_zpsc54b66b1.jpg

Ah, those pre-internet days of guys looking for something "spicy!"

;)

-slym

Yea.... the word "watch" is misleading :makepoint: