• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting screwed!!!!

87 posts in this topic

Guys - here's my story:

1 - I won a Ghosts #2 in cgc 9.4 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=76&item=2154757656&rd=1

2 - I got the book and here's where the problems begin:

a - he charged me $10 to ship and $5 insurance when (1) it cost $4.40 to ship plus $0.45 for delivery confirm (2) he never insured it yet he specifically charged me $5 for insurance

b - the cgc case is cracked

c - there is a huge date stamp on the back of the book

I sent him an email from the office the other day about #1 but only discovered #2 when I got home. I emailed him with a scan (at work now but will post the scan when I got home) and asked for my money back these are his repsonses:

email 1

----------------

the book was shipped differently and I will rebate some shipping to

you..let me know your paypal add and I will zip you 9.00,

wes

email 2

----------------

I do not refund cgc books because of 1.....impartial third party

grading and most importantly 2...people who deal in cgc tend to buy with the

idea of flipping the book..when the customer falls through they invent

reasons to return...this may not be you but I see my books all the time

from one hand to another and so on..

I used to offer returns on everything but now I am like most of the cgc

sellers on ebay...after having way too many returns on nm flawless

books..I hate to be strict but the reason I spend 1000s of dollars a year

on cgc grading is to avoid arguments like this..

best wes

email 3

----------------

the numbered grade,restoration,artists and comments with all defects

are always listed on the cgc holder if it is an issue with the book....I

cant cherry pick details that may or may not bother someone...some

people dont like off center covers,date stamps,etc but they email me or

have been past customers..sooo before they bid they let me know their

concerns..but I make sure my scans are large and clear...

as for the case,if it is damaged I do offer reholdering refunds...less

than 2 out of 100 cgc cases are damaged in the mail[my number is better

than the cgc number]..so the reholdering refund is not a big

issue..plus I usually throw in 5.00 to help ship the book too...

if cgc does not - for date stamps..then I cant consider it a

concern..even top of book return inks are ok[which personally bothers me]..but

never affects resale...

best wes

----------------------

What should I do? I paid via pay pal on a credit card and contacted pay pal about freezing the funds and they basically said "sorry" once a payment is received I have to contact the seller directly.

I am probably going to call up Amex tonight and dispute the charge.

Any other thoughts / suggestions as to what I could do?

Thanks for reading and one final thing: be careful when bidding on auction by: gccbco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as you don't dispute a claim all the time or more then once within the past year..there's really no reason why it won't work. Just dispute it, they'll flag it, send you some paperwork to say what happened, you fill it out, and then they go after the guy. tongue.gif

Brian

If you're displeased with the sale and he won't give a refund, PLEASE do us all a favor and give him a negative feedback. He'll probably neg you back, but don't let that stop you. People being afraid of retaliatory negative feedback is the whole reason the E-Bay feedback system is very, very weak.

Lack of disclosure about these eye appeal factors is one of the biggest areas that CGC's eventual competition can cash in on to get a competitive advantage. Oh how I wish they'd increase their disclosure of a comic's qualities...it matters to a lot more of their end-buyers than they seem to realize.

Believe me, if we can't resolve something I will most definitely give him a BIG Negative!!!! I am going to continue to ask him for the $$$ tonight and tomorrow, but if I don't have resolution for this weekend he'll have a negative.

Thanks,

DAM

i won a book from graded as NM, and i thought it was and i left him positive feedback. but upon closer inspection there was a light bottom 3" corner crease on the back cover. mad.gif i emailed him asking if he knew about it, no reply. confused.gif such sad and bad customer service, now his name is going to get dragged through the mud, and other potential eBayers will read this too. blush.gif good luck, you can always use that extra $9 to send it in and get reholdered. smile.gif

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's very easy to post a negative without retaliation, you just have to be patient. Snipe it right before the 3 month deadline, and it's likely he won't be able to retaliate by the time he realizes what happened.

Thanks Supa. He didn't send me the money yet, but regardless, I owe CGC one book for reholstering. What a damned [!@#$%^&&*%$@]. Makes my blood boil . . .

At least out of my over 200 transactions on ebay only him and comicage.com have been bad experiences.

DAM

Andrew, thanks for the post. I plan on leaving NFB as soon as he doesn't give me my money. I do want to at least try and get the money back, but I'll get him. I would also rather take a negative and let the world know what a jerk he is . . .

DAM

I believe the archiving is done during their down time on Thursday night(actually, Friday morning). I managed to pull it off. The auction was ending on a Wednesday night, and I waited until late Thursday, and submitted the feedback. By the next morning the transaction was out of the database, and the guy was S%$T out of luck. grin.gif

It may not work like this every time, but it worked for me.

And even if it dosen't work that smoothly, if you're intent on leaving a negative, you might as well wait until you're close to the buzzer. If nothing else, it reduces the chances of retaliation.

I've won auctions by him and he's OK, but his shipping charges are Bullsh-t. He charges $10, and then ships from the US and pays $6 to ship. It does sound like he's being reasonable though, so I'd just accept the refund he's offering.

Speaking from a guy who routinely has to over-pay for shipping, you guys have it pretty good. Not only am I constantly over-charged, but I have to put up with the B%$%S%$T of "will not ship overseas".

I always feel like saying: "what sea do I have to cross during my 2 hour drive to the border, you person_too_unaware_of_social_graces"?

I always feel like saying: "what sea do I have to cross during my 2 hour drive to the border, you person_too_unaware_of_social_graces"?

grin.gif The funny thing I've found is that it's about as expensive to ship to frickin' England as it is to our Northern Neighbor. Go figure. mad.gif

Sellers lose SO many bidders by not shipping Internationally. It's a pain sometimes, but usually it's no harder than sending the same package within the U.S.

In regards to this specific transaction. I don't agree with the seller's refund policy - I take returns on ALL items regardless of who graded, but at least he isn't disavowing all responsibility. Still a problem obviously and if you have to neg him then that's what it takes.

I can't believe you guys would recommend negative feedback over this.

1. His auction says nothing about returns.

2. We all know these books can have date stamps. If you don't like it, give CGC negative feedback, not this guy.

3. He offered to refund the excess shipping, and pay for the reholdering.

He may be a jerk for overcharging shipping, but if I gave out NFB to every seller who did that, my feedback would be lit up like a christmas tree.

Save your NFBs for those who take your money and run, or overgrade raw.

It depends where you're shipping to, what methods you use, and what State you're located in. It can be just as cheap as shipping within the states, and it can be very expensive as well. You have to know how to work the system.

And sellers: You will lose A LOT of bidders with Canada alone, not to mention the U.K. As far as Canada goes, keep in mind that the hobby is just as large here, but supply, especially on higher end material, is much smaller. I know quite a few buyers and sellers here(myself included) that will get very competetive over books, especially stuff that is rarely found locally.

#1 rule when dealing with Canadians - clarify if they mean US or Canadian currency. I believe that in today's exchange rate $4.85 US is worth about $15 canadian tongue.gif - should be more IMO wink.gif

Take him up on the shipping refund and the reholder kickback - then when you get it back flip it like he expects and don't tell anyone about the date stamp... wink.gif

You got screwed! If your CC company can hook you up then great - but you did receive the book... frown.gif

At least out of my over 200 transactions on ebay only him and comicage.com have been bad experiences

Teaches you to buy from Canadians! Damn canucks always conspiring to good Americans downfalls wink.giftongue.gif Just look at that greggy shill bidding on this item...obviously he was working with gbbcco ....confront greggy on this thread and drag his name thru the mud...he deserves every bit of it for messing with this auction smile.gif