• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting screwed!!!!

87 posts in this topic

Thanks Darth and everyone else that responded . . . I am going to at the very least get the shipping refunded and the reholdering fee. Then I will also call the CC company and dispute the charge and after that leave a negative.

The date stamp and the cracked cgc case aside, the arsewipe charged me an additional $5 for insurance which he never did, then he shipped it from Niagra for $4.40 plus the .45 for delivery confirm. Where did the $15 for shipping and insurance come in? That alone deserves a negative . . .

I am in talks with Sterling now and will probably play ball with him, although I will let him know about the DC, after all the person_without_enough_empathying and moaning that I am doing, I have to be fair . . .

DAM

Just look at that greggy shill bidding on this item...obviously he was working with gbbcco ....confront greggy on this thread and drag his name thru the mud...he deserves every bit of it for messing with this auction

Damn you Darth. I put a $16 bid on an item that closed at $265! mad.gif Anyways, I've given Dave some leads to some good dealers so he can finish his runs so lay off! mad.gif

P.S. The Conan 1 that I sold to Donut has no production creases! tongue.gif

btw, when you fill out the form be sure to put that he "misrepresented the item and due to the condition sensitivity of the collectible it's worth exponentially less then what you paid for it." I tried to say it a diff way before and the CC just responded with "what?"

Brian

I have to back up Greggy here. I know what you said is all in good fun, so let this just be for anyone else that didn't know better. Greggy has helped me out with some dealers names and some great advice about DC books so a giant THANK YOU to Greggy! grin.gif

DAM

DAMNIT DARTH!!!!!!

I always defend your modern extortionist auctions, even though it contradicts my other posts about "modern [!@#%^&^]" , and THIS is how you repay me? mad.gifmad.gifgrin.gif

Brian thanks for more good advice grin.gif

Here's a nice story about a credit dispute - I ordered some stuff from bn.com since they have free same day delivery of items in stock in Manhattan. So I did some XMas shopping on the 17th. All set, right? Yet I didn't get the stuff till after I got back from Xmas. Promptly called up Discovercard the Sunday before Xmas (DC also offers an additional 7% cash back for this interested) and had the charge immediately reversed. I told them that I didn't get it and they said until BN.com can show conclusive evidence that they shipped it, they wouldn't charge me! grin.gif

I knew that I would get the item eventually but damn you BN.com for making my holiday season all the more stressful!!!

DAM

Much apreciated bro.

You, pimpy and Murph have offered to help me out with this. But usually, if someone insists on not shipping to me, I feel they don't deserve my business. It sours the whole deal out of principle.

..damn lowballer...

Sorry man but I have been swayed by the power of the snipe! Anyways, that books isn't that scarce in that grade. I'll find a better one and slab it myself! tongue.gif

Mmmm, Bronty said that you haven't paid him yet! I thought that you are a rich ? They cut off your welfare meal train? shocked.gif

I Mmmm, Bronty said that you haven't paid him yet!

Ahhh..Bronty's cool...he says that if I send him my Marvel Spotlight #5 9.4 then we can call it even..... shocked.gifgrin.gif

Sorry man but I have been swayed by the power of the snipe! .

...damn sniper.... blush.gif

...damn sniper....

I don't snipe all the time but it helps prevents accidentally winning an auction! Like with the Ghosts 2, I realized that it was too expensive so I laid off! So...back off man! mad.gif

Hi David,

I don't know Wes well, nor have I ever bought anything from him, but I have spoken with him during the Hulk 162 9.6 auction (I lost)... and he seemed like a reasonable person... and so does the "tone" of his response to you for the most part. He seems intent on taking care of what he (and most sellers) would feel is their responsibility to address in a situation like this. His feedbacks, only 1 neg after nearly 1,000 suggest that he is a good seller.

I think the combination of problems makes focusing in on the "real issue" for you... the undesirable Date Stamp... "clouded" to say the least. Correct me if I'm wrong... but my impression is that you would be satisfied with the return of the (no insurance) fees, the reslabbing fees and the extra $5 for shipping he offered IF there was not a "Undisclosed Date Stamp" on the BC... right? I assume you were not aware of the policy change and expected to see "Date Stamp" on the label if there was one... which makes perfect sense.

If so, I think the real problem here is clearly CGC's "Label Note Removal Policy Change" and the continuing (and growing) number of problems it's creating between sellers and buyers... particularly, but not limited to in the bronze era. (see several threads on the subject)

I feel sellers getting neg'd for not agreeing to issue a refund over "Label Note Removal Policy Change" related issues would probably bring more exposure to the controversy and would also expedite a solution BUT, as much as I feel strongly about it and would love to see a solution quicker... I don't want potentially oblivious, confused or uninformed Sellers to suffer as a result, especially without having the opportunity to fully realize how strongly many of us feel about the policy change and the harm its caused.

With that in mind, IMHO... I feel the fair course of action would be to give this seller the benefit of the doubt. He may not realize what the real issue is and deserves a chance to hear it clearly and then respond being fully aware of why you want the refund. I feel his is probably a very typical response from a seller who is asked for a CGC refund due to a undisclosed date stamp or other distribution related additions (date stamps, arrival dates). My advice is to make another attempt to explain that you are satisfied with his fair solution as to the refund of non-insurance and reslabbing fees BUT the real problem is... the presence of the undisclosed Date Stamp and of the new CGC Policy to remove it from the label that you were unaware of until now. Explain that you feel it puts BOTH the buyer AND some sellers in a terribly difficult position. Politely let him know that many other buyers are clearly unaware of the policy change and expect (like you did) to see such notations on the label. Uninformed buyers could not know to "ask" about it as he suggested. That argument is only semi-valid to those of us that ARE aware and even still, I think there is a line there. Suggest that he complain to CGC about this event. Both of you are possibly victims of the policy change in this instance. He may not have a full understanding of this controversy depending on his own awareness, and his own feelings about the policy change. Having this happen to him, like all sellers eventually, will force them to consider the problem seriously for the first time. He should have the chance.

Use this as an example... (and please those of you that just like to counter-argue for the fun of it... I know this is NOT the perfect example, but its one that I thought of that gets the point across). If Home Inspectors (CGC) supplied a printed inspection (Label Notes) that always included a mention of "termite activity" if there was any in a home, and had did so for 2 years... and more importantly, everyone understood that to be part of the report (like a CGC label reporting date stamps, etc.)... and then somewhere a decision was made not requiring it anymore (CGC Policy Change) but there was not any real effort to inform the customers (like widespread Ads in the CBG and other comic reporting venues, AND clear, permanent info on the website, emails, etc... which CGC didn't)... and then you bought a home (CGC slab) that the Home Inspector (CGC) inspected for you after that quiet policy change while you fully expected to see a termite report (Label Notation) if there was any activity present. So, you buy the house (slab), discover a termite presence (undisclosed date stamp) and you can't get out of the contract (no return offered by CGC seller)... HOW FAIR IS THAT? Now the owner of the house (Seller) may or may not be aware of the termites and then that would be a moral issue (like "aware" sellers disclosing a date stamp not on the label to be honest to the buyer... or not). How is the buyer of the home (slab) supposed to feel (screwed)? and what options (none but argue this point or neg) does he have?

After one complaint or legal action.. a "no termite reporting disclosure" would have to be supplied to any potential home buyer by the home inspector to inform them.

OR the disclosure would have been produced when the decision was made NOT to report on termite activity.

QUESTION: Why didn't CGC advise sellers via a flier in their CGC boxes, that to be fair to the unaware buyers, it might be a good idea to disclose this info for awhile (at worst) until the masses had a chance to realize the change and adapt to it? OR Why didn't every CGC customer get an email (like some did with the rate hike) informing them of the policy change? seems like a no-brainer if you care about the end user.

As to Wes' possible history for overcharging on shipping/insurance, (should there really be one) that is a different matter and should be judged separately. Since he's willing to make right on that... I let him slide. If it happens twice or his feedback mentions it often, then you have a case for a Neg potentially.

Also.. I suspect Darth was joking, or not thinking clearly this time... but of course reveal the Date Stamp to anyone you may sell to if you don't get satisfaction. Not doing so would make you a hypocrite.

Wes made a good point about "distributor inking" BUT this was never reported on a CGC label, so the point is moot in this case.... although an interesting subject to explore later.

'nuff said