• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting screwed!!!!

87 posts in this topic

Guys, here's an update:

The seller, gccbco did give me a refund as per my request of $31 for the over charging on Shipping and Handling and the money for the reholdering. He even threw in an extra $1 as per my request to cover my pay pal fees.

I ended up leaving him a neutral, but will not call up Amex and dispute the charge. As it had been pointed out, the date stamp on the back didn't me off that much, it was more a combination of the cracked case and getting blatantly over charged.

I did leave him a neutral as oppossed to the negative as he did do more than I had thought to make me happy.

Thanks to all for the advice!

Best,

DAM

Matt, I left him a neutral because he:

1 - charged me $5 for insurance when the package wasn't insured

2 - charged me $10 for shipping from Canada when he sent it from Niagra, NY. To my place in NYC it cost $4.40. With Delivery confirm you have $5.

PLUS

He didn't disclose the date stamp on the book.

Besides, if you can't leave honest feedback, what good is the feedback system?

DAM

charged me $10 for shipping from Canada when he sent it from Niagra, NY.

Not that I disagree with your actions, but he's located here in Toronto and perhaps he was factoring in the few hour drive across the boarder.

Yeah, I didn't want to leave him a positive because that would just throw the whole feedback thing into the wind, but I do appreciate the refund, hence a negative would be too harsh.

If he had driven from Toronto, I guess I wouldn't have minded throwing him a few extra bucks . . .

DAM