• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So..Collection Tracking Software

6 posts in this topic

I looked in the Noob guide but couldn't see anything, and I searched and couldm't see anything, but I don't believe for a second there hasn't been a thread about this...

My computer died a while ago, which had the spreadsheets on it which I used to track my comics and values and grades etc. Not a massive loss compared to some, but it does mean I have around 500 comics I have to re catalog.

As i am starting again, i want to see what decent softweare is out there.

I have tried to use CLZ Comics, but find it a bit clunky for adding in value and grade and current market value etc.

What would you guys recommend? Would be great if there was something that also tracked market values, but I suspect this may cost a fortune.

Advice (or links to another thread I missed) appreciated,

Cheers,

P.

I use Comic Collector Live. It does have a yearly subscription of about $25. I can't remember exactly how much. But it has lists for comics, hardcovers, trades and a few other things. It will show all the variants for everything and lets your add notes and grades and CGC status' to everything. It also lets you organize them in different ways, such as title, writer artist and story arc. There's also an online store with numerous shops from all over the place.

Edit: It does create backup files for you. So if you're computer crashes you can restore your info.

It is not software, per se, but I keep track of my collection at stashmycomics.com. With a free account, you can load all your books (either manually, or upload a spreadsheet/csv file), with information including condition, graded or not, price paid, whether it is signed, and a personal rating of 1-10.

It also has a current price for most books, though I don't know where those come from, so take with a grain of salt. It at least gives you an idea of what it might be worth, though. The website owner is very receptive to questions/suggestions/problems - in fact, it now has a download option that came about because I asked for one (I take credit even though he might have had other requests for it).

You can make more than one "stash", and have them as private or public, which I have used to create a wantlist which is a public stash, so I can give that out to someone who is selling items.

What would you guys recommend? Would be great if there was something that also tracked market values, but I suspect this may cost a fortune.

We'll be rolling out major upgrades to our collection management features within 3 - 4 weeks @ GoCollect. That portion of the site is (and will be) available to free members. It will also be integrated with our value tracking for those that are paying subscribers ($5.99/month). I wish I could tell you it's done now, but we're still working on refinements.

I use Comic Collector by collectorz.com

For me it works; it doesn't have all the reporting that I would like; but it works at keeping up with my collection.

I don't think you will find a program that will give correct current pricing for the issues you own. There are too many places that they would have to attempt to pull the data from (ebay; auction sites; etc.); that making sure that data was correct would not only be difficult; but cost prohibitive.

Psy