• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Preview 4 vs Marvel Preview 7
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Any ideas on the disparity of numbers graded? And the general scarcity of high grade # 7's? After two years of movie hype are they really that scarce? Sound off......

Any ideas on the disparity of numbers graded? And the general scarcity of high grade # 7's? After two years of movie hype are they really that scarce? Sound off......

In general, it has been much more difficult to get high grade magazines compared to their comic counterparts.

In addition to that the print runs were much smaller and not distributed as widely. There is nothing scarce about MP #7. 6 years ago you had your pick of the litter with them on eBay for under $10 a pop.

You would see a similar situation with most other magazines such as Tales of the Zombie #1 or Dracula Lives #1. If those caught any level of mass interest like the MP #4 & #7, 9.4 copies would push $200+ easy.

- b :insane: unty

Edited by bounty_coder

I bought all my copies RIGHT before movie hype. In fact I was the first one to push these books with much higher BINS on eBay. I bought all my copies between around $9 and $20 and sold all of them raw for between $55 and $125. I found more copies of 4 than 7. The 4's I had also tended to be higher grade. In fact I should have graded at least 1 of those if not the top 3 copies.

I can recall having 4 in 9.4, 9.0, 8.5, 7.0 I think I had a couple other copies. I think I had an 8.0.

For 7 I had an 8.0, I think a 6.0 or 7.0 and seeing prices and getting a copy for about $10 after hype started I had my last one graded as a 7.5 an sold for over $200.

Bah. Could care less about the rodent. I want a copy of MP7 for just that awesome cover. :D

+1 Even if the movie hype fades on these books - if nothing else it brought attention to one of the best BA Marvel magazine covers.

I am quite sure that MP 4 is much more easier to find than MP7.

I still remember there was some hype about MP4 when it first came out as Starlord was targetted to become the next one for Marvel. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way as he was pretty well gone after only a few one-shot issues.

I actually liked Starlord and cherry picked 2 or 3 issues of MP4 from the newsstand when it first came out. Spent the past weekend looking for my magazine box and for the life of me, I just can't seem to find it in the house. I know it's in there somewhere along with all of the Rampaging Hulk's, Savage Tales', Savage Sword's, Heavy Metal's, etc.

Maybe I'll take another stab at trying to find it sometime this summer, but probably not worth the time or trouble that it would take.

I still remember there was some hype about MP4 when it first came out as Starlord was targetted to become the next one for Marvel. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way as he was pretty well gone after only a few one-shot issues.

I actually liked Starlord and cherry picked 2 or 3 issues of MP4 from the newsstand when it first came out. Spent the past weekend looking for my magazine box and for the life of me, I just can't seem to find it in the house. I know it's in there somewhere along with all of the Rampaging Hulk's, Savage Tales', Savage Sword's, Heavy Metal's, etc.

Maybe I'll take another stab at trying to find it sometime this summer, but probably not worth the time or trouble that it would take.

Now I don't know what you have to deal with to get them out, but there is a high chance that it is worth your time. Especially if you cherry picked them off the Newstand.

Raw issues in "newstand"ish condition will net you $300+ easy. CGC'd 9.6/9.8's will get you $600+ easy.

:baiting:

Now I don't know what you have to deal with to get them out, but there is a high chance that it is worth your time. Especially if you cherry picked them off the Newstand.

Raw issues in "newstand"ish condition will net you $300+ easy. CGC'd 9.6/9.8's will get you $600+ easy.

Well, maybe I'll be lucky and won't have to do anything as my wife is in the midst of pulling out all the boxes to sort out her clothes for the new season. Maybe she'll find my box for me! :wishluck:

Well, maybe I'll be lucky and won't have to do anything as my wife is in the midst of pulling out all the boxes to sort out her clothes for the new season. Maybe she'll find my box for me! :wishluck:

You could buy her some new Prada Pumps with those MP's :insane: