• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MCS Hold Order

20 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has actually had an order ship from mycomicshop.com that was initially put on hold.

I've had an order cancelled before from MCS (said they tried to contact me about it first but never got a single email or phone call) so I'm really not holding my breath here...

Feel free to PM me if there's a specific situation I can help you with.

If an order has to be put on hold, it's usually motivated by the need to protect ourselves from the possibility of fraudulent credit card usage, either by requesting an alternate payment method or verifying payment information with the buyer. If that happens, we email you with whatever the request is. If you had an order with some issue and did not receive an email, I would guess that our email may have been sorted into a junk folder or something like that.

One of the more interesting interactions I had with Lonestar is when I ordered through the website, and received an e-mail stating they wouldn't ship to my PO Box, since it wasn't my billing address. Now, all orders go to my PO Box, but my PO Box is in a different Zip Code...91510, vs. 91506.

They said that since it was my first order, it had to be shipped to my billing address, which was crazy, because I'd done multiple transactions with them. What I didn't remember is that those transactions were all through EBAY, so of course, through the website, I was "new."

I have a PO Box in the first place because my carrier route hasn't had a permanent carrier in close to 10 years (maybe more), and the subs all like to leave my packages outside the gate, where anyone can walk up and take them, or leave them out in the rain, or throw them over the gate, etc etc etc.

I tried to reason with "Beth", but they refused, since it was my "first order." Had I bought the exact same books that were listed for a higher price on eBay, they wouldn't have had a problem with shipping to my PO Box.

lol

I've never, ever, ever had anyone else refuse to ship to my PO Box, first order or not.

I've never, ever, ever had anyone else refuse to ship to my PO Box, first order or not.

They did it because they love you and didn't want your card to be charged for an item you did not purchase.

But mainly because they love you. :foryou:

Yoddler's order was put on hold because the shipping address was different from the billing address, but after looking into it, it's fine for the order to go through and it did not need to be put on hold.

In the past we had some problems with chargebacks, and that resulted in an overly restrictive policy requiring shipping to the same address as the billing address for new customers. This morning I recommended relaxing that policy to something more sensible, and MCS owners agreed. The change is going in today.

I have never had an order cancelled by MCS, but I have had numerous orders shorted due to lack of inventory. Actually 3 out of my last 5 orders have had books missing. I pay via paypal for the full amount, and I never receive a credit or refund for the book/s and bag & board that are missing. I even emailed the customer service about it and never heard back. I'm not talking about lot's of money, maybe $3-$4 each time, but it's the principle.

On the other hand, I really enjoy ordering from MCS, they have good prices, they pack very well and have a huge assortment of books. I just wish the refund process was sorted out or a credit given.

If someone ships 100's of orders a day and 1000's of orders a week, once in a while someone is going to mess something up. It happens to everyone.

I think the bottom line is if you have a problem, call the source of the problem or email them until you get an answer. 99% of the time the problem is fixed that way.

Posting it on a message board really doesn't help anybody.

It sure does make my day more interesting.

I profusely apologize to all the bored nerds out there! lol

If someone ships 100's of orders a day and 1000's of orders a week, once in a while someone is going to mess something up. It happens to everyone.

I think the bottom line is if you have a problem, call the source of the problem or email them until you get an answer. 99% of the time the problem is fixed that way.

Certainly this is the best policy, but in the age of social media may not be entirely true.

Case in point: MCS took care of me, changed their policy and shipped my order today. (And in the process made me a satisfied, long-term customer)

Thanks again MCS!

Certainly this is the best policy, but in the age of social media may not be entirely true.

Case in point: MCS took care of me, changed their policy and shipped my order today. (And in the process made me a satisfied, long-term customer)

Thanks again MCS!

I'll disagree.

Posting the results after you've gone through the process is entirely different than just creating a complaint thread about a company mid way through the process.

But you're probably younger than me, and I'm quite sure (whether you are younger or not) that the younger crowd generally prefers the latter (unfortunately).

They did it because they love you and didn't want your card to be charged for an item you did not purchase.

But mainly because they love you. :foryou:

lol

(Let's set aside a couple of e-mails explaining who I am, and a phone call to do the same, letting them know that it was perfectly fine to ship to my Box, as irrelevant.)

:whee:

This morning I recommended relaxing that policy to something more sensible, and MCS owners agreed.

I'm glad, after all these years, that "more sensible" is finally creeping its way in.

Baby steps.

Thanks again MCS!

I'll disagree.

Posting the results after you've gone through the process is entirely different than just creating a complaint thread about a company mid way through the process.

But you're probably younger than me, and I'm quite sure (whether you are younger or not) that the younger crowd generally prefers the latter (unfortunately).

Just to clarify: I was agreeing with you that direct contact with the source is the best policy, but that the integration and reliance of social media in today's marketing mix maybe makes a statement like "posting on a message board doesn't really help anybody" not entirely true.

But feel free to disagree with me! I wasn't looking for a resolution to my problem when I posted here, but by posting it it certainly helped me (and maybe others who had a similar issue).

Sorry, I agree that social media helps but I disagree with the motive.

Not a big deal. I'm just old fashioned.

I have never had an order cancelled by MCS, but I have had numerous orders shorted due to lack of inventory. Actually 3 out of my last 5 orders have had books missing. I pay via paypal for the full amount, and I never receive a credit or refund for the book/s and bag & board that are missing. I even emailed the customer service about it and never heard back. I'm not talking about lot's of money, maybe $3-$4 each time, but it's the principle.

On the other hand, I really enjoy ordering from MCS, they have good prices, they pack very well and have a huge assortment of books. I just wish the refund process was sorted out or a credit given.

We've had some issues with our PayPal integration. Please PM me any details, and I will make sure you are refunded what you need.

Sorry, I agree that social media helps but I disagree with the motive.

Not a big deal. I'm just old fashioned.

If the motive is to force the resolution of a dispute in a public arena (like social media), then I TOTALLY agree with you. I think that's what you're saying.

And I'm no spring chicken myself! lol

Conan: this is not meant as a complaint, but recently I had an order placed on hold very likely because my Credit Card was renewed, and although the number remains the same, it had a different three-digit confirmation number (the one on the back).

I replied the email and Beth told me I could pay by sending via email, or fax the full card details.

So I asked if I could update the Credit Card information in your database, but she told me this isn’t doable as it is not permanently stored.

While I was trying to figure out how this works (the Card Number appeared as "saved" on my profile), the order was canceled, and the items were automatically put back on sale. All in 2-3 days.

I was annoyed by that, as I always weight my order trying to optimize as much as possible the overseas shipping costs, but after that I received no reply whatsoever on how to update (if possible) the Credit Card info, or eventually provide you with an US address of a board friend of mine which holds books for me to ship the books to USA (again a thing which was doable before the concern with fraudulent activity on the Credit Cards).

I am saying this because, while I understand your concerns about fraudolent card activity, all these measures are very limitating for foreign customers, and I would have loved a more direct purchase route, like it was in the past. :(

It's okay, you don't have to say it's not a complaint :) It can be a complaint, or constructive criticism, whatever you want to call it. If you encounter a problem it's something we want to hear about and do what we can to improve.

If there's a problem with card info (in your case the 3 digit verification code was out of date and needed to be corrected), the only mechanism we have right now is to enter completely new card info. We're working on a whole bunch of updates at the moment, and I expect to gradually work through a lot of improvements like this one that will make some of these edge case problems go more smoothly.