• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First US appearance of Godzilla

11 posts in this topic

This promo is the birth of Godzilla in America and with the movie out I thought I would show my copy. They are hard to find but there is one on Ebay right now. I have had mine for about 3 years when I found out about its existence in a comic magazine.

001-1.jpg

So what book is this from?

It's a 4 page promotional comic from 1976. Godzilla appears on pages 3 and 4. Surprisingly, he is upstaged by Robotman. :cry:

I found a YouTube video which shows all the pages of this comic:

So what book is this from?

It's a 4 page promotional comic from 1976. Godzilla appears on pages 3 and 4. Surprisingly, he is upstaged by Robotman. :cry:

I found a YouTube video which shows all the pages of this comic:

Cool link, so it's:

Cinema Shares International Distribution Corp Presents: Godzilla vs. Megallon

Ok, I was confused because the cover looks like the inside comic. Or maybe there is no cover?

In addition to the youtube posted above by rjrjr, I found this blog with pics of the pages of the book. It is interesting.

http://magiccarpetburn.blogspot.com/2008/11/when-i-went-to-theater-to-see-godzilla.html

They are sort of hard to find. I have found five so far. I'm curious of the print run. These books were given out to theater goers back in 1976 as a promotion to the Godzilla film. I guess the print run info will be harder to find than another copy. :grin: