• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"New follower on eBay" email - What the??

7 posts in this topic

Any insights on getting a "you have a new follower on eBay!" email? Other than it being creepy as hell.

I haven't sold anything on eBay in several years.

'Keep creating collections and adding items to the ones you already have.

Your followers will be notified in their feeds when you do!'

WTF? ??? Frikken eBay. :mad:

yeah their decision to use the "follow" language rather than the "favorite sellers" (which is what it used to be) is just another sign of the facebook-ization of the internet.

I get annoyed with certain message boards that let you "like" or "not like" a post/comment.

if you dont like a post and have something to say, post it, if you like it and have something to say, post it. dont feed these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who base their self esteem on how many "likes" their comment gets...

[upvote if you agree]

:D

It might make sense if I'd sold anything in the last couple of years.

Aside from that I constantly get "forgotten password" emails.

"email was sent automatically by eBay in response to your request to recover your password"

I just delete them all, sometimes 2 or 3 a day. This "new follower" BS just adds to the frustration with eBay weirdness.

yeah their decision to use the "follow" language rather than the "favorite sellers" (which is what it used to be) is just another sign of the facebook-ization of the internet.

I get annoyed with certain message boards that let you "like" or "not like" a post/comment.

if you dont like a post and have something to say, post it, if you like it and have something to say, post it. dont feed these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who base their self esteem on how many "likes" their comment gets...

[upvote if you agree]

:D

LikeComments.png